Tuesday 16 June 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16th June, 2020.

16th June, 2020.


Hmmm … 

Clearing my caches, yesterday?

Seemed to help me upload the day’s intro video on yesterday’s Daily Teaser.

Today … ?

I’m back to uploading the thing to YouTube … 

So I can embed it here.

What’s happening?

I don’t know.   

Given it’s also happening in Firefox?

It’s either Google’s fault … or something to do with the current version of macOS, the much sworn at Catalina.

I’m … well, I’m in a bind … !

~≈Ω≈~

I have to admit, I’ve just had a look at my Instagram page.

Seemingly?

I’m now being followed by someone calling themselves daniellecaron9.

She’s got just one photo: her profile pic.


Just one photo.

My limited experience of Instagram … ?

Is telling me she’s a romance scammer.

We’ll have to see, won’t we?

~≈Ω≈~
Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 16th June is Sussex Day.   Name either one of the Sussex counties in England.
Q2) 16th June, 1898, marks the birth of Leonard P. Howell: generally considered to be the founding father of which religious movement?
Q3) The first Disneyland on mainland China, opened to the on 16th June, 2016.   It’s in which Chinese City?
Q4) IBM was founded on 16th June, 1911.   What does the ‘I’ stand for, in IBM?
Q5) 16th June, 1952, saw the birth of George Papandreou: the former prime minister of where?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 15th June is National Beer Day in the UK.   It was first marked, when: 2014, 2015 or 2016?
A1) 2015.
Q2) The 15th was chosen as ale is first mentioned in a legal document first sealed on the 15th June.   Which document?
A2) The Magna Carta.
Q3) Beer is typically made — in the UK — from what: barley, wheat or potatoes?
A3) Barley.
Q4) That grain is usually what: malted, roasted or ground?
A4) Malted.   (In other words, slightly germinated by soaking in water.)
Q5) Finally … ?   Ninkasi is whose Goddess of beer: the Romans, Sumerians or Greeks?
A5) Sumerian^.
Here’s a thought …
“I had a dream that I was awake and I woke up to find myself asleep.”
Stan Laurel, 16 June 1890 – 23 February 1965.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I think you’re right, Olga: anti-fogging sounds … pricey … !   Actually, so does anti-glare, now I think of it: I’ve never been been able to afford it!
Hmmm … the (few) times I’ve used a mask on camera, I know I get muffled, and have to speak up: or, at least, loudly, and clearly.   Would that be an issue for you, at the station … ?   I envy you and Debbi both: your microphone technology is far better than I can manage … !
Oh … Barney Rubble, radiation, Al Capone — tertiary syphilis, I think — and love apple.   I have NO idea about Clapton, Monroe and Grayson: unless they all knew Slack Alice … ?
And right at the moment … ?   I think the UK’s just happy to go shopping, again!

†        Real ciders?   How on earth are brewers keeping those bright, Trevor?   I know I sound cynical, there: but I’d love to see the casks for those!

‡        Hmmm … Wasn’t the Louisiana Territory French held, originally, Debbi?   Like Quebec?   I think that uses French Civil law, as well, but don’t quote me.
Actually, the Inns of Court, over here, are profession groupings, rather than actual courts: a bit like the US ones.   If I’ve understood the Wikipedia pages, the UK Inns are more like Bar associations.
I don’t know if you’ll be able to find it … but Rumpole’s original appearance was in 1975 … !   I feel old!

^        Is it sue MARE ri an?   Or sue MER ree an?   I’m blowed if I know … 

3 comments:

trev-v said...

I understand that Real Ciders are cloudy.

A1 East Sussex and West Sussex

A2 Rastafarian

A3 Shanghai

A4 International ( but us working in the computer industry had many definitions of IBM. One clean one for here:- It’s Being Mended)

A5 Greece


Well not been a good day for me. The Engineer who came to install my new gas boiler found that Gas was leaking after the gas meter. I now need new gas pipes to boiler and the gas cooker. An extra expense but safety comes first. The same Engineer and another one will install new pipes and the new boiler which arrived 1/2 hour after the Engineer left. No gas means using the Microwave to do any cooking in and using the electric element in the water storage tank to heat water for showers etc. Dishwasher and washing machine run off of cold water so not affected.

Olga said...

Q1) East Sussex (I was going to say I lived there for a while, but I also lived in West Sussex, while I was studying at Sussex University, where else?)
Q2) The Rastafari movement
Q3) Shanghai
Q4) International
Q5) Greece
I only have access to the microphones at the station, well and we have one for the interviews, but it's not very fancy. The equipment is... As good as they can afford, but not high-tech, by any means. At home, I ended up buying headphones, not very expensive ones, but it seems OK.
I was surprised but the interview sounded better than what I could actually hear in person (it was quite noisy), but we don't have to use the mask if we are alone in the studio that is the usual when we record the introduction.
I hope you can sort the issues with the videos out. I've had issues with some of the places where I usually share reviews, so I have no idea what's going on.
And butting in, Louisiana was indeed French, and Spanish as well (Bourbon street is really 'Borbón Street' for the royal family, but yes, there is a lot of French influence there, although the French friend I visited the place with didn't seem to think their French expressions had much to do with the original, but hey-ho)
Take care.

Debbi said...

You feel old? Imagine how I feel? :)

1. Sussex
2. Rastafarianism
3. Shanghai
4. International
5. Greece