Pages

Sunday, 23 December 2012

The Daily Teaser — 23-12-2012

I have to admit, I’ve been watching this year’s Strictly Come Dancing.

Simply in the run-up to this year’s last series of Merlin, you understand.

Normally, I’d not go near something like it: but have to confess, the series is entertaining,

Seriously!

Hmmm … Let’s get moving on, shall we?   Before IK start burbling on suspiciously about Loius Smith.

‹‹·››

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with letting Trevor know his copies are on the way, and us that she’s both written this post*.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 23rd December, 1823, saw the debut of the poem, ’Twas the Night Before Christmas.   What’s the poem’s name … ?
Q2) More to the point … how many reindeer are mentioned in the poem … ?
Q3) 23rd December, 1975, saw US President, Gerald Ford, sign the Metric Conversion Act into US law.   When did Britain’s Board Of Trade agree to a British metrication program: 1964, 1965 or 1966 … ?
Q4) More to the point, what’s the basic metric unit of mass … ?
Q5) 23rd December, 1936, saw the first flight of which bomber … ?
Q6) And finally … 23rd December, 2007, saw which country abolish its monarchy … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 22nd December, 2012, is the date that the alien invasion starts: according to which TV series … ?
A1) The X-Files.
Q2) 22nd December, 1989, saw the Brandenburg Gate re-open, after almost thirty years: in which European city is the Brandenburg Gate … ?
A2) Berlin.
Q3) 22nd December, 1947, saw the Constituent Assembly of Italy approve what: the Italian constitution, general election rules or flag … ?
A3) The Italian constitution.
Q4) 22nd December, 1885, saw former Samurai, Ito Hirobumi, become the first Prime Minister of where … ?
A4) Japan.
Q5) And finally … 22nd December, 1942, saw Adolf Hitler order what weapon be put into production … ?
A5) The V2.
Enjoy those, everyone.

I’ll leave you with Chet Baker’s Time After Time … 


And — believe it or not — this quote from the founder of Mormonism, Joseph Smith Jr …
“If my life is of no value to my friends it is of none to myself.”
Joseph Smith Jr, December 23, 1805 – June 27, 1844









*        Actually, Debbi, can you flag that 2nd Amendment post for me, as and when … ?   That I wouldn’t mind a read of … !

2 comments:

  1. 1. A Visit from St. Nicholas
    2. Is this a trick question? ;> None. At least, no reindeer. 8 creatures were called: coursers. The definition of courser is swift horse or charger.
    3. 1965
    4. gram (g)
    5. Vickers Wellington bomber
    6. Kingdom of Nepal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you liked my thoughts about repealing the 2nd amendment. :)

    I'll be posting a short bit tomorrow about family and friends, in the spirit of the season.

    What an awesome and unusual year this has been. :)

    1. A Visit from St. Nicholas
    2. 8
    3. 1965
    4. the gram
    5. the Vickers Wellington bomber
    6. Nepal

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.