Pages

Thursday, 5 September 2013

The Daily Teaser — 5-9-2013

Now, THAT’S a thing.

You’ve probably worked out I’m out of a job, at the moment.

So the limited amount of money I get is at the taxpayers expense.

Thank you, if you’re on the UK: I hope you’re enjoying the blog.   I’m trying to use my time constructively, in between job-hunting, and hope the fruits of that are something you approve of.

At ANY rate … I’m out of a job.   So the news, this morning, that the UK’s National Audit Office had done a report on the Government’s planned changes to benefits with interest.   Their conclusion, that the planned changes are poor value for money and plagued with upcoming IT changes.

I can only hope that means the planned changes will be scrapped.   I really do not like the look of them.

~≈≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: along with letting us know she felt the subject entirely appropriate, she also bagged seven out of eight.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To,’ License and video … 

Q1) If you’ve been born on the 5th September, what — in traditional astrology — is your star-sign … ?
Q2) 5th September, 1921, saw the death of actress, Virginia Rappe: at a party hosted by whom … ?
Q3) 5th September, 1960, saw Léopold Sédar Senghor elected as the first president of which African company … ?
Q4) 5th, September, 1666, was the last day of the Great Fire Of London.   How many people died in that fire: six, seven or eight?
Q5) The Second Great Fire Of London was during the Blitz air raids of which world war … ?
Q6) Finally … 5th September, 1960, saw the forming of the Benelux Customs Union: name any of the three countries that joined … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 4th September, 1998, saw the founding of Google: name either of the two Stanford students who founded Google.
A1) Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Q2) In which state IS Stanford University … ?
A2) California.
Q3) In which year did Google introduce its Gmail service to the public … ?
A3) 2004.
Q4) What’s the name of the operating system Google released for mobile devices … ?
A4) Google Android.
Q5) More to the point, what’s the name of Google’s free web browser … ?
A5) Google Chrome.
Q6) What — famously — is Google’s informal motto … ?
A6) Don’t Be Evil.
Q7) What’s the name of the video streaming site Google bought in 2006 … ?
A7) YouTube.
Q8) Finally … who’s Google’s current Chief Executive Officer … ?
A8) Larry Page.
Enjoy those.

I’ll leave you with this thought …
“Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night.”
Darryl F. Zanuck, September 5, 1902 – December 22, 1979.
And, as it’s the late Freddie Mercury’s birthday, with these two songs … 



Enjoy your day … 

















*        Actually, Debbi, that was another on that rolled off the typewriter: or keyboard, I should say.  Funny how these terms survive, isn’t it … ?

1 comment:

  1. Indeed it is. I've got a Doctor Who parody post coming up that I hope you and Trevor will enjoy! :)

    1. Virgo
    2. Fatty Arbuckle
    3. Senegal
    4. 6
    5. World War II
    6. Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.