Pages

Friday, 28 February 2025

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28th February 2025.

28th February, 2025.


Right, then: it’s Friday.

And … ?

I’m officially punctuated!

Which is an odd way of saying I’ve had my Mounjaro injection, but there you go.

At any rate: I’m up early, as my neighbourhood officer is due to visit.

To assess whether lowering the kitchen cupboards is a good idea, and makes my flat safer.

Although I think my landlords prefer the word ‘affordable’.

~≈💉≈~

You’re possibly following the news, aren’t you?

You’re possibly aware, then, that Sir Keir Starmer, the UK’s Prime Minister, visited the US President, yesterday.

I turned off the news coverage: there’s only so much creepiness I can cope with.

But … ?

I know that the PM’s invited the President to the UK: for a state visit.

The twit’s coming here.

Ye gods.


~≈🤬≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga†, Irene‡ and Debbi§ putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum, Olga and Irene on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s [insert number here] questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        28th February, 2024, saw Prime Minister Narendra Modi open India’s second what: space port, airport or railway station?

Q2)        28th February is Andalusia Day.   Where is Andalusia: Spain, Italy or Portugal?

Q3)        Tim Bresnan was born on 28th February, 1985.   Before he retired from the game, he played for which country side: Essex, Lincolnshire or Warwickshire?

Q4)        Portugal and Morocco were hit by an Earthquake on 28th February.   Of which year of the 1960s?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Barry McGuigan was born on 28th February, 1961.   He usually boxed in which weight division: featherweight, lightweight or welterweight?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        According to one Wikipedia entry? 27th February is one of two Independence Days in the Dominican Republic.   It marks its independence from where: Haiti, the Spanish Empire or Jamaica?
A1)        Haiti.   (This is the other day.)

Q2)        The Republic shares a Caribbean island with another sovereign state.   Which sovereign state: Haiti, Cuba or Jamaica?
A2)        Haiti.   The island is called Hispaniola.

Q3)        What’s the Republic’s currency: the Peso, Pound or Pooba?
A3)        The Dominican Peso.

Q4)        Santo Domingo is the country’s capital.   What’s the Republic’s largest city: Santo Domingo, La Romana or Concepción de la Vega?
A4)        Santo Domingo.   ‘La Romana’ comes from a Taino word from the area it’s in, rather than Lalla Ward.   ‘Concepción de la Vega’ is usually called ‘La Vega’, by the English language branch of Wikipedia.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Dominican Republic, and the island it’s on, are in which sea: the Caribbean Sea, Baffin Bay or the South China Sea?
A5)        The Caribbean Sea.
Here’s an ambition …
“I wanted to bring people together, and most importantly not feel threatened when they came to watch me box.”
Barry McGuigan, on 28th February, 1961.
And a song …


Tomorrow’s ten question set is about Ohio.

Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.



Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        Cheers, Olga!
        I doubt I’ve got a copy: Mum threw my early issues away, many years ago!
        You should see what Magic: The Gathering players call the Power Nine, the powerful early cards.   They go for stupid prices!   (There’s jokes about one called Black Lotus: if you have one of the early versions, you can put the kids through college.)

        Morning, Irene!   (Tomorrow is a ten question set, so you know!)

§        Trick questions, Debbi?   Moi?   Never!
        Hang on, Debbi, I’ve done a McGoohan set: here.   You got ten out of ten … … …

4 comments:

  1. Q1) space port

    Q2) Spain

    Q3) Warwickshire

    Q4) 1969

    Q5) featherweight
    I suggest you keep him and lock him up in the Tower when he comes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Railway
    2 Spain
    3 Warwickshire
    4 1969
    5 Featherweight

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Spaceport
    2. Spain
    3. Warwick County Cricket Club
    4. 1969
    5. Featherweight

    ReplyDelete
  4. How quickly we forget. Or I forget, anyway. :)

    1. space port
    2. Spain
    3. Warwickshire
    4. 1969
    5. featherweight

    Auditions for my short film are tomorrow. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.