Pages

▼

Monday, 4 June 2012

The Daily Teaser — 4-6-2012

 There we go, it’s now OFFICIALLY officially!

Jude’s started walking.

Actually no, that’s not STRICTLY true: he’s actually started standing up … !
As you may or may not have noticed.   Strangely … ?   He’s actually standing up on things like cushions and mattress: he was having a whale of a time, yesterday, grabbing assorted ornaments from the window sill, whilst standing on the back of a chair.

Hmmm … 

We’ll have to see when he starts standing up on the floor … !

Let’s move on, shall we?

⌘⌘⌘

Yesterday’s Teaser saw a welcomed back Debbi putting in her answers: and, along with admitting she’d been watching a movie* on Saturday night, also bagging 4 out of 5.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s Teaser, shall we?

Here’s the questions, along with the ‘How To’, license and video … 

Q1) 4th June, 1411, saw Charles 6th of France grant the monopoly to the people of one French town: to ripen what … ?
Q2) 4th June, 1970, saw which island granted independence by the UK … ?
Q3) 4th June, 1957, saw Dr Martin Luther King deliver a speech on non-violent protest: at which Californian University … ?
Q4) 4th June, 1968, saw Dover Council begin efforts to try and wipe out what … ?
Q5) And finally … 4th June, 1783, saw the Montgolfier brothers demonstrate their hot air balloon, in the town of Annonay: what were either of the brothers first names … ?

And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 3rd June, 1968, saw Valerie Solanas — author of the SCUM Manifestos — try shooting who … ?
A1) Andy Warhol.
Q2) 3rd June, 2006, saw which European country declare independence … ?
A2) Montenegro.
Q3) 3rd June, 1965, saw the launch of the Gemini 4 mission: on that mission, which American astronaut made the first US spacewalk … ?
A3) Ed White.
Q4) 3rd June, 1937, saw the Duke of Windsor get married to Wallace Simpson: what had his regnal name been, before his abdication … ?
A4) Edward 8th.
Q5) And finally … 3rd June, 1979, saw the (then) worst oil spill ever recorded, in the Gulf of Mexico.   How many barrels of oil were lost: 2 million, 3 million or 4 million … ?
A5) 3 million.

Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later … 

After we’ve had a bit of a boogie … 























*        Oh, what did you manage to catch, Debbi?   I know I saw the rather interesting Pandorum, on Friday†.

†        Which reminds me, I’ve still got copies of Frenzy and Mulholland Drive, sitting around … !

1 comment:

  1. We watched 12 Angry Men and The Caine Mutiny, and I blogged about it. :)

    It's Dystonia Awareness Week, and I blogged about dystonia by accident. Ha ha ha ...

    1. Roquefort cheese
    2. Tonga
    3. University of California, Berkeley
    4. seagulls
    5. Joseph-Michel and Jacques-Étienne

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.