Pages

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

The Daily Teaser: 22-6-11

Hmmm …

You know, I’ve GOT to admit, I couldn’t RESIST putting this photo up, of Jude.

Bless him, having a damn good read!

Hmmm …

I think I’ll have to introduce him to Terry Pratchett and Debbi Mack at some point.

I might have to wait a couple of months, though … !

’Til he’s finished the one he’s on.

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, lets … !

»»·««

Yesterday’s Solstice Teaser was another quiet one. Saying that, I’ve got to admit Debbi did quietly let me know she’s having something of a busy patch: both with promoting Shaken, the short story collection she’s featured in … AND I’m thinking she’s also got her eye on beating a certain Mr John Locke.

So … Lets move on to today’s questions, shall we … ?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 22nd June, 1911, saw the coronation of which UK king … ?

Q2) 22nd June, 2003, saw the fall of the world’s largest hailstone: but in which US state … ?

Q3) 22nd June, 1990, saw the final dismantling of which Berlin landmark … ?

Q4) 22nd June, 1976, saw the Canadian House of Commons abolish what: capital punishment, feudalism or trial by combat … ?

Q5) And finally: 22nd June, 1969, saw the death of Frances Gumm: how was she better known … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) In which constellation does the sun appear — in the northern hemisphere — at the Summer Solstice … ?
A1) Taurus.

Q2) More to the point, which of the Tropics is it over … ?
Q2) Cancer.

Q3) Which of the tropics is at the other extreme … ?
A3) The Tropic of Capricorn.

Q4) Moving on … 21st June, 2001, saw the death of bluesman, John Lee Hooker: in which film did he appear — as himself — playing Boom, Boom, in Chicago’s Maxwell Street Market … ?
A4) The Blues Brothers.

Q5) 21st June, 173, saw the US Supreme Court establish the Miller Test: the test determines whether something is, or isn’t, what, under US law … ?
A5) Obscene. (It’s got three prongs. I’m saying nothing. Except that I’m trying not to grin. And this is BEFORE I go near the word, ‘fork’ … )

Q6) 21st June, 2006, saw the official naming of which planet’s two moons … ?
A6) Pluto’s.

Q7) Give us EITHER of those two names …
A7) Nix and Hydra.

Q8) And finally … 21st June, 1854, saw the first awarding of which British military decoration … ?
A8) The Victoria Cross.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later …

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting the link with the news about the Shaken anthology, which is also available on Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SHAKEN-Stories-for-Japan-ebook/dp/B00556WX9A/ Just sayin'. :)

    1. George V
    2. Nebraska
    3. Berlin Wall
    4. capital punishment
    5. Judy Garland

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.