Pages

Sunday, 15 January 2012

Sherlock Series 2 Episode 3: The Reichenbach Fall

You know, I’ve GOT to admit, I’m breathing a touch easily …

Whilst also feeling a touch smug …

You see, I’ve JUST seen the last episode of series two of Sherlock, and, yes, I’m impressed.

Out and out blown away, I think.

And also wanting to see series 3, as and when it appears.

And, yes, I know there’s a series three, due.

I follow Stephen Moffat on Twitter, you know.

Comes in handy, when he kills off Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s best known creation … !

‹‹•››

Well …

He’s only doing what Sir Arthur himself did, all those years ago …

‹‹•››

Episode 3, Series 2The Reichenbach Fall —is loosely based on Cona Doyle’s The Final Problem and sees Sherlock testifying against a freshly caught James Moriarty, after the criminal mastermind is caught: simultaneously breaking into The Tower of London, HMP Pentonville and the Bank of England.

The only problem, there, of course … ?

Is that Moriarty manages to indulge in some discrete jury nobbling, to have himself declared innocent.

And let loose on London … ?

Let loose on London, manages to arrange a kidnapping and a couple of shootings: in order to work towards Holmes eventual death.

‹‹•››

I’m going to laugh, there, actually, in a gently knowing sort of way …

Because, of course, I — as both the producers of this series and anyone who’s Sir Arthur’s work — know that this isn’t quite the whole story, of course.

At any rate, I do know this.

This reworking of the Sherlock Holmes has been SUPERB: I’m not the only one to think so, going by the activity on Twitter!

Can I be frank … ?

I can’t WAIT for series three.

Despite having read the books …

I want to see what happens … !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.