Pages

Friday, 10 February 2012

The Daily Teaser - 10-2-2012

Hmmm …

That’s …

An interesting piece of news.

It seems that the Ministry of Justice has decided to pilot a 24/7 Sobriety Programme, in parts of London.

Mmmm …

Not wanting to sound doubtful, here, but I’m doubtful. I’m a non-drinker, myself, after realising it was an issue for me.

And can’t help but think that any kind of compulsive element would be self-defeating: I can’t not see someone who’s been coerced into joining it NOT wanting to celebrate coming off it, with a pint or several.

Guess we’ll have to see, won’t we … ?

Let’s get moving on, shall we? Yes, that’s possibly wise …

»»·««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: and, along with confessing she has plans*, she ALSO bagged 5 out of 5.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video
Q1) 10th February, 1355, saw the Saint Scholastica Day’s Riot: in which English city … ?

Q2) 10th February, 1870, saw the founding of which organisation … ?

Q3) More to the point in which US city … ?

Q4) 10th February, 2005, saw which member of the Royal family announce his engagement … ?

Q5) More to the point, who to … ?

Q6) 10th February, 1942, saw Japanese submarines begin bombarding which atoll … ?

Q7) And finally … 10th February, 1863, saw the patenting of which safety device … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 9th February, 1964, saw the Beatles make their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show. How many viewers did they attract: 69 million, 71 million, or 73 million?
A1) 73 million.

Q2) 9th February, 1979, saw Trevor Francis become Britain’s first £1000000 football player when his contract was sold to Nottingham Forest. Which team had he played for, until then … ?
A2) Birmingham City.

Q3) 9th February, 1969, saw the first test flight of which Boeing plane … ?
A3) The Boeing 747.

Q4) 9th February, 1966, saw a nuclear reactor open in which part of Scotland … ?
A4) Dounreay.

Q5) And finally … 9th February, 1922, saw which South American country join the Berne Convention on Copyright … ?
A5) Brazil.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later …

After keeping my fingers crossed: today is the late Jerry Goldsmith’s birthday. I’m just hoping the tune I’ve chosen as the soundtrack isn’t going to jinx me.





* Hang on, Debbi, when you say thinking of production work? I’ll keeping me finger’s crossed it’s going to be not as bad taste as this

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ... I don't think I'll have quite the budget to pull off a production like Springtime for Hitler. :)

    With my luck these days, my movie will probably make people want to beat me senseless or laugh like crazy. Or both. :)

    1. Oxford
    2. the YWCA
    3. New York City
    4. Prince Charles
    5. Camilla Parker Bowles
    6. Midway
    7. the fire extinguisher

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.