Pages

Thursday, 22 March 2012

The Daily Teaser - 22-3-2012

Hmmm …

Well, THAT’S a thing.

Or, at least, that’s a thing for those of us who follow Dr Who, that’s something.

We fans NOW have the official news of the who’s going to be playing the new companion: an actress called Jenna-Louise Coleman: last seen — for those of us who follow these things — both in Emmerdale and Waterloo Road.

Hmmm …

Oh … And there’s a possibility that the series will be split in half again.

I’m not sure I’m found of that: the split sixth series didn’t exactly tickle me … !

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

««·»»

Yesterday’s Teaser saw no-one putting in their answers: which leaves me wondering if Debbi’s ok*! I hope so!

So … Let’s see who’s biting, and how people do with today’s questions:here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video
Q1) 22nd March, 1995, saw Valery Polyakov return to Earth after a record amount of days in space: how many days … ?

Q2) 22nd March, 1972, saw which Amendment pass through both Houses of the US Congress?

Q3) More to the point, was that amendment eventually ratified … ?

Q4) 22nd March, 1906, saw the first Anglo-French Rugby match, in Paris: was it a Union or League match … ?

Q5) 22nd March, 1945, saw the founding of the Arab League: in which Egyptian city … ?

Q6) And finally … 22nd March, 1960 saw Arthur Schawlow and Charles Townes patent the LASER: what does : LASER stand for … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 21st March, 1804, saw France adopt the Code Napoléon as its form of Civil Law: on which ancient empire’s legal system is it based … ?
A1) Rome’s: Emperor Justinian’s, to be precise.

Q2) 21st March, 1963, saw the Ministry of Transport announce it was testing what: automatic cars, automatic planes or automatic tube trains.
A2) Automatic tube trains.

Q3) 21st March, 1910, saw the birth of Julio Gallo: in which Californian industry did he find fame … ?
A3) Wine making.

Q4) 21st March, 1963, saw the closure of which US prison … ?
A4) Alcatraz.

Q5) More to the point, in which city was that prison … ?
A5) San Francisco.

Q6) And finally … 21st March, 1933, saw the completion of which notorious site?
A6) Dachau.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later.

After I’ve kicked off another 80s revival, with birthday boy, Pete Wylie’s, The Story Of the Blues













* Debbi, are we out there, still … ? Hello … ? Hello … ? Hmmm … NOW I’m worried … ! Give me a shout when you’re back online, Debbi … !!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. GUESS who's back... ;) At least for tonight!! :)

    1) 437 days and 18 hours. Now, that's a shift...
    2) The Equal Rights Amendment
    3) Partially... (Is that answer enough? :D) In 35 states, no more.
    4) Union? (Do they really call it "Le Crunch"??)
    5) Cairo
    6) Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation Does that sound dirty to anyone else??)

    Huggles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Paul! :) *waving frantically* I'm fine. My Internet connection was out all of Wednesday. I've been running around all day today. Barely managed to post to one of my blogs: http://writing4hire.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-feel-no-joy-in-posting-this.html

    I think feathers will probably be ruffled, but someone had to say this.

    I copy-tweeted it to Gene Weingarten. I wonder if he'll be interested. :)

    1. 437 days and 18 hours
    2. the Equal Rights Amendment
    3. No :(
    4. Union
    5. Cairo
    6. Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.