Pages

Wednesday, 10 October 2012

The Daily Teaser — 10-10-2012

Arrrgh … 

Yes, that seems to work.

The other word, of course, is Bleaugh, after another late night.

I think I can safely tell you two things.

Firstly, I think I’m going to put my eyeballs back in their sockets, with a teaspoon.

And secondly … ?

My word, but the Teaser videos take a while.

Mind you … I did manage to put 9 days worth together, last night: I hope they’re appreciated … !

Hmmm … 

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

‹‹·››

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: along with admitting she’s given me another mention, also managing to bag 6 out of 6.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we?   Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 


Q1) 10th October is what’s called Double Ten Day, the national Day of where: the Republic of China, the People’s Republic of China or the Reorganized National Government of China … ?
Q2) 10th october, 1975, saw Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton remarry: after divorcing how many months earlier … ?
Q3) 10th October, 1971, saw London Bridge reopened: after being transported to which US state?
Q4) 10th October, 1967, saw the Outer Space Treaty come into force.   How many nation-states are party to that treaty: 100, 120 or 150 … ?
Q5) And finally … 10th October, 1980, saw who say “The Lady’s not for turning” … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 9th October, 768, saw Carloman 1st named as King of the Franks: who else was named that day … ?
A1) Charlemagne.
Q2) 9th October, 1992, saw 13 kilogram remains of what, land in New York?
A2) Meteorite.
Q3) More to the point, what did that land on … ?
A3) A car: a Chevrolet Malibu, if you want to be picky: or the drive it was parked on, depending on who you ask.
Q4) As a result of the 1874 Treaty of Berne, 9th October saw the creation of what: the League of Nations, the European Coal and Steel Union, or the General Postal Union … ?
A4) The General Postal Union.
Q5) During the Crimean War, 9th October, 1854, saw the start of the Siege of which Russian city … ?
A5) Sebastopol.
Q6) And finally … 9th October, 1888, saw the Washington Monument open to the general public: who is it a monument to … ?
A6) George Washington.
Enjoy those, everyone.

I’ll leave you with this quote from writer, James Clavell …
Wars are fought by teenagers, you realize that. They really ought to be fought by the politicians and old people who start these wars.”
James Clavell, 10 October 1924 – 6 September 1994
Oh … And let’s get mellow with Jackson Brown, shall we … ?
















*        Thanking you, again, Debbi!   :D   And, yes, you’re right.   Technology’s an amazing thing.   I personally think the A-bomb is humanity’s most frightening creation.   And that the lever-lid jam-jar, the greatest … 


2 comments:

  1. Q1: The People’s Republic of China

    Q2: 5 Months 2 weeks and 1 day!

    Q3: California

    Q4: 100!! Woohoo!!

    Q5: Macbeth?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to your thoughts on the jam jar! But I still love the Internet. :)

    1. Taiwan
    2. 16
    3. Arizona
    4. 100
    5. Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.