Pages

Friday, 8 January 2016

House of Cards — Series 2: Episodes 12 and 13

You know, I have to confess to feeling under The weather, at the moment.

No, really.

I’ve come down with a cold.

And, to talk to … ?

You’d quite probably be sitting there thinking, “God, but Paul sounds rough!”

At least, rougher than usual!

It meant that last night, instead of what I’d been planning to do — watch the last two episodes of Series 2 of House of Cards — I got a SERIOUSLY early night.

I headed to bed about 8: stressed out after waiting around for a four terabyte hard-drive: and feeling distinctly unwell, to boot.

Tonight, though … ?

Tonight, I’m feeling a touch better.

Well … 

I’ve had more sleep.   AND … ?   Well, frankly, I’ve had enough Lemsip and nasal decongestant to worry a rhino.

But at least leave me able to watch these last two episode: AND tell you about it … 

~≈†≈~

Episode 12 sees President Walker accusing Frank of trying to engineer his downfall: and cuts off contact with his vice president.   In the meantime … ?   Prosecutor Dunbar and Secretary of State Durant are convinced — by Frank — to offer asylum to Xander Feng: in return for details on the money laundering scheme run by Raymond Tusk.   Ray Tusk, of course, is subpoenaed to appear before Dunbar: and pleads the fifth, confident he’s going to be pardoned.   Whilst THIS is going on … ?   Frank And Claire convince Jacqueline, Frank’s replacement as whip, that impeaching President Walker is the only way to avoid Democratic loses at the midterm elections.   AND get herself a plum job, if Frank is named as President Walker’s replacement.

Episode 13, the last of the series, sees President Walker offering Raymond Tusk a pardon: IF Ray Tusk implicating Frank in the money laundering scheme.   He … ?   Seemingly accepts.   Only to have Garrett Walker withdraw the offer, once he and Frank have reconciled.   The arc of the episode … ?   Sees Ray Tusk being called before a Congress … and deciding to implicate the President in the money-laundering scheme, forcing Walker to resign his offer, and hand Frank the White House.

~≈†≈~

Now … 

Good … ?

Oh yes … !

Now, I’ll happily admit to having been heavily distracted watching the bulk of series 2 in The run up to Christmas.

But?

That doesn’t mean I’ve not been engrossed: just somewhat distracted.

Series two of House of Cards has left me thinking I’ll invest in Series three.

I want to see what Frank and Claire do next … 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.