Pages

Friday, 24 August 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24-8-2018: Jean-Michel Jarre

24th August, 2018.


I’m definitely feeling a bit dicky this morning, I really am.

The usual trouble: the innards are playing up, again.

To the point where I might just have to phone in ill: I’d rather not be too far away from a toilet … 

The shame of it … ?

Is simply that last night — eating the dinner I think caused the flare up … ? — went well enough that I caught a movie.

Split, so you know.

That was rather good … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring four out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 24th August, 1948, saw the birth of musician, Jean-Michel Jarre.   What — in 1976 — was his first hit album?
Q2) What was Jarre’s first album called?
Q3) 1990 saw Jean-Michel release En attendant Cousteau.   Which oceanographer was the album about?
Q4) His first live album was recorded in which country?
Q5) Finally … ?   There is only one legal copy of Jarre’s sixth album.   What’s that album called?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 23rd August is the feast day of the obscure Saint Tydfil.   There’s a town named after her in which country of the UK?
A1) Wales: it’s Merthyr Tydfil.
Q2) There’s at least three villages, or towns, called 23rd August: in various parts of which European nation?
A2) Romania.
Q3) 23rd August, 2016, saw the death of actor, Steven Hill.   He’d played Dan Briggs: in which TV series?
Q4) 23rd August, 1947, saw the birth of playwright, Willy Russell.   Which of his plays was turned into a film with Julie Walters And Michael Caine?
Q5) Finally … 23rd August, 1914, saw Japan declare war: on which European nation?
A5) Germany.
Here’s a thought …
“I think that you have to seriously have fun, or taking serious things in a light way and obviously, for me, before all, music is made of fun and pleasure and excitement.”
Jean Michel Jarre.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        There’s STILL no airdate!   Debbi, it’s getting stupid!   Oh, did I mention I had a (very battered) copy of the book in the picture?   Can’t think where I put it … 

1 comment:

  1. Cool cover! :) BTW, I'm enjoying the adventures of Halo Jones tremendously! :)

    1. Oxygène
    2. Deserted Palace
    3. Jacques Cousteau
    4. China
    5. Musique pour Supermarché (or Music for Supermarkets)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.