Pages

Thursday, 21 February 2019

El Ministerio del Tiempo/The Ministry of Time — Series 2: Episode 5 — Un virus de otro tiempo/A virus from another time — A Review

21st February, 2019 Teaser.


Is there some sort of term for that … ?

Worrying that you’re starting to looking Harry Potter?

You know … I don’t know that there is …

But … ?

Well, it’s just a sudden thought that … well … 

I’ll shut up, shall I … ?

~≈§≈~

Shut up … and keep burbling … 

About something else, frankly.

As you’re possibly aware … ?

I like TV shows.

Dr Who, Star Trek, what have you … 

And, over the past months?


Now in its second series?

I have to confess, another episode was kind of attractive.

Yes … it was episode five … and yes … it’s a big opening … 

~≈§≈~

Episode 5 — Un virus de otro tiempo/A virus from another time —  has a dramatic opening: showing us Irene (Cayetana Guillén Cuervo), in action in 1918: just at the end of the First World War.

Helping one heavily pregnant young woman give birth … 

And, once the child — a baby girl called Carmen — is born … ?

Irene collapses.



And — despite the warnings of Dr Vargas (José Luis Torrijo) — is taken back to base: to be quarantined … 

With a dose of Spanish ’Flu: the most lethal epidemic in human history.

And one the rest of history needs protecting from.



With Ministry agents falling ill, left, right and centre … ?

Amelia (Aura Garrido) and Pacino (Hugo Silva) can only do so much to help … … 

~≈§≈~

Now … 

Big opening … ?

Oh, yes!   Kudos, there, for Cayetana Guillén Cuervo, and the writers for throwing us — and the expecting mother — headfirst into the story.

Actually?

Kudos — and thanks — to all concerned for throwing us into a story with a ton of drama.

After all, a great deal of this episode was spent with Alonso (Nacho Fresneda), Irene, and Germán* (José Ramón Iglesias) — the Security Guard who mans the entrance to the doors† — on the point of death … 

And with each having flashbacks to important points of their lives: Germán to his father’s death, Alonso to his meeting Blanca, his wife, and and Irene … to meeting her newest partner.

The Ministry’s current boss, Susana Torres (Mar Saura).

Twisty?

Oh, yes.

Engrossing?

Even more so … 

Frankly?

Speed the day I can catch another episode of El Ministerio del Tiempo.

This is one of the strongest shows I’ve seen in a long time!




*        My Spanish is god-awful: but I think it’s pronounced Herman.

†        We usually don’t see Germán do much more than say Hello, as the team files past … but it’s nice to see him make a contribution in this episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.