Pages

Saturday, 30 March 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30-3-2019: The Telescope

30th March, 2019.


Nice … ?

Nice … ?

You know my intro videos are getting more — mildly — ironic, the older I get.

Nice … is possibly not the word.

I got a letter from my GP’s, yesterday: after a recent set of blood tests, relating to my underachieve thyroid.

It turns out that, on top of everything else … ?

I’ve got a vitamin D deficiency: that, apparently, can exaggerate depression, cause fatigue … and cause issues with digestion.

Yeah … nice is possibly not the word … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) The James Webb Space Telescope is provisionally scheduled to launch: on 30th March of which year?
Q2) The Telescope is supposed to replace what?
Q3) It’s named after James E. Webb: who, during the 1960s, was in charge of what?
Q4) It’s due to be launched on what sort of rocket?
Q5) Finally … ?   The optical telescope part of the Telescope will have eighteen, gold covered, hexagonal … what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The UK was due — in theory — to leave the EU, today: on the 29th March, 2019.   The process of leaving has been know as … what?
A1) Brexit.
Q2) By the time we DO leave? Britain will never have used the EU’s currency.   What’s that currency called?
A2) The Euro: the symbol for the Euro is .
Q3) The PM’s plan for leaving the EU — the The future relationship between the United Kingdom and the European Union — is a proposed plan for exiting the EU.   It was proposed by the Prime Minister, signed in 2018 … and known as the what plan?
A3) The Chequers Plan.
Q4) That plan was what’s called a soft Brexit.   The alternative, a no deal Brexit, is a … what?
A4) Hard Brexit.
Q5) Finally … ?   The border with Ireland is a major sticking point in the whole procedure.   The efforts to prevent a hard border with the Republic are known as the … what?
A5) Backstop.
Here’s a thought …
“Specifically we want to see the first objects that formed as the universe cooled down after the Big Bang.”
From Webb Telescope; The Big Bang at NASA.com
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Morning, Badwolf!

†        I THINK we need it, Debbi.   Good knows what’s going to happen when Parliament meets on Monday.   Japanese pop’s starting to look WAY more sensible … 

2 comments:

  1. (1)2021 (2)Hubble Space Telescope. (3)NASA (4) Ariane 5(5)mirror Mornng Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found a short article about Brexit that really summed it up well.

    Good luck to all of us! :)

    1. 2021
    2. the Hubble Space Telescope
    3. NASA
    4. Ariane 5
    5. mirrors

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.