* I have to admit, it went well, Olga. Although someone got a little frustrated at Sonic the Hedgehog Two. Mentioning no names, here! To be fair, Jude DID find a hidden level I didn’t know about!
And, yes, I heard about that chap: the climber. Or someone similar, anyway, whose did the equivalent of climbing Everest!
I’ve heard the same stories, as well. One from a man I worked with, at KFC: who’s been a school child around the turn of the century. Speaking personally, it’s something I’ve always seen as child abuse …
Hang on, Olga, you? Clumsy? Never! (He says, laying on the schmooze!)
As for Karen Carpenter … ? The one good thing we can take from her death is the simple fact that — here in the UK — it boosted the awareness of anorexia.
† You know, I think I remember seeing that fort on Connections, Trevor: the old James Burke show. I might just have to look that one up …
‡ You’re not wrong, there, Debbi. About the only upside is it made people more aware of anorexia. Unfortunately? There’s websites about it …
Q1) 1977 Q2) The Big Ear radio telescope Q3) Intelligence Q4) Hydrogen Q5) Sagittarius I agree with your assessment. Definitely child abuse to try anything to make a child write with the right hand. I am not only clumsy but terrible at games, but I guess I've never dedicated them a lot of time. (I used to be very competitive when playing games as a young child. Now, I don't really care an iota, that I know can be frustrating for others). Here it was a bit cloudy yesterday, but no rain as such. And none forecasted.
It's wild listening to the Wow Signal. I mean, wow! :)
1. 1977 2. Ear (The Big Ear sounds like something from Monty Python. Or the Goon Show. Or Douglas Adams. Or Terry Pratchett. Or ... Doctor Who? No! :)) 3. Intelligence 4. hydrogen 5. Sagittarius
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) 1977
ReplyDeleteQ2) The Big Ear radio telescope
Q3) Intelligence
Q4) Hydrogen
Q5) Sagittarius
I agree with your assessment. Definitely child abuse to try anything to make a child write with the right hand. I am not only clumsy but terrible at games, but I guess I've never dedicated them a lot of time. (I used to be very competitive when playing games as a young child. Now, I don't really care an iota, that I know can be frustrating for others).
Here it was a bit cloudy yesterday, but no rain as such. And none forecasted.
A1 1877
ReplyDeleteA2 Ear
A3 Intelligence ( because there is none on Earth)
A4 Hydrogen
A5 Sagittarius
I think I need a new heart. Watching the 2 semi finals of the Snooker was certainly nerve-racking.
Here is the Wikipedia page on the oldest of the 2 forts at Tilbury. It certainly looks like a fort.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilbury_Fort
mum
ReplyDelete1982
EASY
iNSECTS
mETHANE
Ursa Minor
It's wild listening to the Wow Signal. I mean, wow! :)
ReplyDelete1. 1977
2. Ear (The Big Ear sounds like something from Monty Python. Or the Goon Show. Or Douglas Adams. Or Terry Pratchett. Or ... Doctor Who? No! :))
3. Intelligence
4. hydrogen
5. Sagittarius