Q1)The Ballot Act of 1872 received the Royal Assent on 18th July, 1872: and went into law on the same day. As a result, elections in the UK had to be done by what: a show of hands, secret ballot or telephone voting?
Q2)Intel was founded on 18th July, 1968. It makes what: computer chips, TV dinners or bicycles?
Q3)Nadia Comăneci scored a perfect ten in gymnastics, on 18th July, 1976, and at the 1976 Summer Olympics. The Games were held in which Canadian city?
Q4)Musician, Ricky Skaggs, was born on 18th July, 1954. He’s best known for playing what stringed instrument: the double-bass, mandolin or harp?
Q5)Finally … ? Bam Adebayo was born on 18th July, 1995. He plays what: American football, basketball or baseball?
I love it when someone comments. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively grown up. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 Secret ballot
ReplyDelete2 Computer chips
3 Montreal
4 Double bass
5 Baseball
We do seem to have a thing about the Magna Carta, don't we? :)
ReplyDeleteAnd yet we don't care about kings. Or do we? :)
So confusing. :)
I remember the M25, which we did not end up driving to Harrogate.
We wanted to just hang around London. Hit a chip shop. :)
1. a secret ballot
2. computer chips
3. Montreal
4. mandolin
5. basketball
BTW, I don't think that's related to the Magna Carta! LOL!
ReplyDelete