Q1)24th July is Samaritan Awareness Day. Where: the UK, Israel or the USA?
Q2)The date was picked to highlight the group’s ability to do what, 24/7: listen, learn or lie?
Q3)The group works with anyone at risk from what: domestic abuse, suicide or murder?
Q4)The group can be contacted by phone, or what: web chat, or homing pigeon?
Q5)In 2013, the Samaritans issued reporting guidelines for whom: the NHS, the media or the police?
Q6)Finally … ? The group gets its name from the Parable of the Good Samaritan. The parable is in which of the Four Gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke or John?
" I'm an occasional drinker, the kind of guy who goes out for a beer and wakes up in Singapore with a full beard."
1. the UK 2. listen 3. suicide 4. web chat 5. the media 6. Luke
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class. From 10 feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away."
and
"Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid...He is the hero, he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world."
I love it when someone comments. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively grown up. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 UK
ReplyDelete2 Lisren
3 Suicide
4 Web chat
5 NHS
6 Luke
There are so many good ones!
ReplyDelete" I'm an occasional drinker, the kind of guy who goes out for a beer and wakes up in Singapore with a full beard."
1. the UK
2. listen
3. suicide
4. web chat
5. the media
6. Luke
"From 30 feet away she looked like a lot of class. From 10 feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from 30 feet away."
and
"Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid...He is the hero, he is everything. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world."
-- Raymond Chandler
https://www.azquotes.com/author/2704-Raymond_Chandler