Pages

Thursday, 6 August 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 6th August 2026.

6th August, 2026.


Yep: that’s right.

I woke up with Hazel O’Connor’s “Eighth Day” banging its way around my head.


Why?

I don’t know.

But my only way of dealing with it … ?

Is to play more Hazel O’Connor.


Or play you my nephew’s latest!


Just don’t ask about pizza.

Bloody Domino’s website, grrr, mutter, mutter … … !

~≈🍕≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Geri Halliwell was born on 6th August, 1972.   She rose to fame as a member of which girl band?

Q2)        More to the point, what was her nickname, when a member of the band?

Q3)        Charles Ingram was born on 6th August, 1963.   He was convicted for cheating on which game show: Mastermind, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? or The Sandwich Quiz?

Q4)        Travis Kalanick was born on 6th August, 1976.   Between 2010 and 2017, he was Chief Executive Officer of which firm: Moovn, Sidecar or Uber?

Q5)        Finally … ?   NASA’s Curiosity rover landed on 6th August, 2012.   Landed where: Mars, Venus, the Moon or Io?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        5th August, 1940, saw the Soviet Union annex where: Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia?
A1)        Latvia.

Q2)        American Bandstand debuted on national US TV: on 5th August, 1957.   On which US network: ABC, CBS or NBC?
A2)        ABC.

Q3)        Nelson Mandela was gaoled on 4th August, 1962.   He was released in which year: 1990, 1991 or 1992?
A3)        1990.

Q4)        5th August, 1974, saw the US Supreme Court order President Nixon to release what: Nelson Mandela, tape recordings or a Taylor Swift cover album?
A4)        Tape recordings.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Sheikh Hasina resigned on 5 August, 2024.   As Prime Minister of where: Pakistan, Oman or Bangladesh?
A5)        Bangladesh.
Here’s a thought …
“She only said, ‘My life is dreary,

He cometh not,’ she said;

She said, ‘I am aweary, aweary,

I would that I were dead!’”

From the incredibly cheerful “Mariana”, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892.
A Geri Halliwell song …


And an earworm …


The next 10 question sets are on 11th August, 26th August, the 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about World Steel Pan Day, International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.

There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!   (It was ABC, 1990 and Bangladesh, Mum, rather than CBS 1991 and Oman.)

        Morning, Debbi!   (Everything OK, there?   You were quiet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when someone comments. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively grown up. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable. I also like seeing folks webpages.