Pages

Saturday, 12 September 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-9-2026 — Sir Ian Holm. (Seven Questions.)

12th September, 2026: Sir Ian Holm.

OK, it’s now officially Saturday.

Which means I’m going to have buy a bag of spuds.

From Nisa, now I think of it.

The last batch of white potatoes I got from Sainsbury’s seemed to have a few brown spots, inside.

I don’t know if that was good or bad … but it wasn’t encouraging!

~≈🥔≈~

On a potato related theme … ?

I’ve a few red-skinned potatoes to last me until I can buy more.

And … ?

Well, they do very well in an air fryer.

From what I’d seen, roasting them in an air fryer gives them a nice dark colour!

Feel free to experiment!

~≈🥔≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring ten out of ten.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Sir Ian Holm was born on 12th September.   Of which year of the 1930s?

Q2)        He died in which year of the 2020s?

Q3)        He played a character in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings movies.   Which character?

Q4)        Sir Ian plays Ash: in which 1979 movie?

Q5)        Sir Ian played Napoleon ins three different films.   1974’s Napoleon and Love was the first, 1981’s Time Bandits was the second. What, in 2001, was the third?

Q6)        Sir Ian played Francis Willis in 1994’s The Madness of King George.   Who played King George, in The Madness of King George?

Q7)        Finally … ?   Sir Ian played Desmond Cussen in 1985’s Dance with a Stranger.   The film is about the last woman to be hanged in the UK.   Who was that woman?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The September 11th Attacks took place on 11th September.   Of which year of this century?
A1)        2001.

Q2)        The attacks were attacks on which country: Canada, the USA or Mexico?
A2)        The USA.

Q3)        Who was the country’s leader, at the time: Jean Chrétien, George W. Bush or Vincente Fox Quesada?
A3)        George W. Bush.

Q4)        The attacks hit which city: Toronto, New York or Mexico City?
A4)        New York.

Q5)        The attack saw two aeroplanes flown into what: the World Trade Centre, the Statue of Liberty or Wall Street?
A5)        The World Trade Centre.

Q6)        A third plane was flown into which military building?
A6)        The Pentagon.

Q7)        A fourth plane crashed in Pennsylvania.   The hijackers intended to target which US city: New York, Chicago or Washington DC?
A7)        Washington DC.   (The passengers fought the hijackers.   They died in the crash: but at least prevented further deaths.)

Q8)        The attack was carried out by members of which terrorist group: the Irish Republican Army, al-Qaeda or the Islamic State?
A8)        al-Qaeda.   (I’ve seen speculation that said Irish Americans who’d been funding the IRA, stopped, when they saw the 9/11 attacks: and started drawing comparisons.   I don’t know for sure, though.)

Q9)        As a result of the attack, the attacked country’s government declared a war on what: Drugs, Terror or Alcohol?
A9)        Terror.

Q10)        Finally … ?   How many victims died as a result of the attacks: 2,977, 3,977 or 4,977?
A10)        2,977.
Here’s an observation …
“While shooting in Mexico, all conversation was dominated by bowels.   During filming, if you’ll pardon the expression, you’re frightened to fart.”
Sir Ian Holm.
And a clue …


The next ten question set is on 9th October: it’s about The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!   (10/10, yesterday: well done!)

        I’ll think about it and let you know, Debbi!   #Blimey.
        At ANY rate … ?   I caught some of the commemorations, yesterday.   What caught me was the look on George W. Bush’s face: hard to forget … 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.