Pages

Thursday, 17 September 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 17th September 2026.

17th September, 2026.


Ye gods: adverts are something else!

I suspect I’m like a lot of people I know: and have a habit of playing some of the sillier games on Facebook, to pass the time.

Or, at least, pass the time … while I’m waiting for a page to load.

I get ads thrown at me.

Who doesn’t?

There’s the usual: dodgy hard drives, second hand retails who’ll pay you cash for your unwanted stuff … 

And the inevitable ‘male enhancement products’!

Most of which are … um … well … inoffensive.

A few, a thankfully small few, aren’t.

They’re definitely not ones I want my nephew seeing: I’d never hear the last of it!

~≈💊≈~

Oh, I caught “Circle of Life”, the first episode of Slow Horse season 6, last night.

No, I’ll not be reviewing it.

But … ?

I think it’s worth watching it, if you can find it.

No: I’m not going to tell you to use Pirate Bay or other torrent tracking sites to get hold of it.

You can go straight to AppleTV, like everyone else!

~≈🍎≈~

Just as a last thought?

An old friend has pointed this post out to me: from former Dr Who girl, Anneke Wills.

Anneke Wills on recovering more Doctor Who episodes in Doctor Who Magazine: "I've heard a 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 hot whisper."

— Doctor Who Production News (@doctorwhopn.bsky.social) 17 September 2026 at 02:41

She’s heard what she calls a ‘hot whisper’: about potentially recovered Dr Who material.

I hope there’s something to that: it would be nice to see something!

~≈🧑🏼‍⚕️≈~

Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The Civic Arena opened in Pittsburgh: on 17th September, 1961.   It was the first sports arena with what: an artificial pitch, a retractable roof or an electronic scoreboard?

Q2)        The American Professional Football Association was first organised: on 17th September, 1920.   What’s it now called: the NFL, MLB or MLS?

Q3)        Allied forces began invading the Netherlands on 17th September, 1944.   The action saw the start of Operation what: Market Harborough, Market Garden or Market Research?

Q4)        The first Space Shuttle was unveiled on 17th September, 1976.   Which Shuttle was it?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Pakistan and Saudi Arabia signed the Strategic Mutual Defence Agreement on 17th September.   17th September of which year: 2021, 2023 or 2025?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Metropolitan Opera House opened on 16th September.   Of which year of the 1960s?
A1)        1966.

Q2)        The Opera House is in the Lincoln Center.   The Lincoln Center is possibly named after which US president?
A2)        Abraham Lincoln.   Although there’s speculation it’s named after its Lincoln Square location.

Q3)        The Opera House is in the Lincoln Center.   The Lincoln Center is in which US city?
A3)        New York.

Q4)        This opera house replaced one on 39th Street: one that opened in which years of the 1880s?
A4)        1883.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Met Gala is an annual fundraising event.   Is it held at the Metropolitan Opera House?
A5)        No.   It’s held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Here’s a thought …
“The gods love salt.   The sweat of human endeavour adds savour to every sacrifice.”
From The Hollow Hills, by Mary Stewart, 17 September 1916 – 9 May 2014.
And a song …


The next ten question set is on 9th October: it’s about The Nightmare Before Christmas.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!   (It opened in 1883, Mum, rather than 1888.   The Met Gala’s held at the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art.)

        I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you Debbi … um … 

3 comments:

  1. 1 Retractable roof
    2 NFL
    3 Market Garden
    4 Number 1
    5 2021

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene
    1. Retractable roof
    2. NFI
    3. Operation Market Garden
    4. Enterprise
    5. 2025

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making good progress on editing my first film. So that's going well. :)

    1. a retractable roof
    2. the NFL
    3. Market Garden
    4. the Enterprise
    5. 2025

    I'll be at a conference this weekend. So, I may miss a day or two. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.