Pages

▼

Monday, 5 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5th October 2026.

5th October, 2026.


OK, that’s novel!

The BBC are reviving a TV show!

No, not Dr Who: that’s still at the initial stages of the tendering process.

No, they’ve announced they’re reviving PlaySchool.


That’s a turn up for the books.

And means two things.

The BBC are reviving because none of the original presenters have been done for sex crimes.

And possibly means Playaway will be next* … 


~≈🧑🏻‍🏫≈~

I find this out on a Monday.

On a day when I’m due to head for my weight management class.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the actual weigh-in goes well.

And that I’ve reversed the upward trend of the past few weeks.

Here’s hoping … !

~≈⚖️≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        5th October is Teachers Day.   Where: Panama, Pakistan or Papua New Guinea?

Q2)        5th October is Constitution Day.   Where: Fiji, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands or Vanuatu?

Q3)        5th October is the feast day of Saint Faustina Kowalska.   Her major shrine is in which Polish city?

Q4)        Cult members were found dead at their own hands: on 5th October, 1994.   They were found in which European country: Austria, France or Switzerland?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Ray Kroc was born on 5th October, 1902.   He made which restaurant chain successful: KFC, Burger King or McDonald’s?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        4th October is Independence Day in Lesotho.   It marks the country’s independence from where: the UK, France or Germany?
A1)        The UK.

Q2)        4th October is Independence Day in Lesotho.   It marks the country’s independence on 4th October of which year of the 1960s?
A2)        1966.

Q3)        Lesotho is a country, where: southern Africa, northern Africa or eastern Europe?
A3)        Southern Africa.

Q4)        What’s Lesotho’s capital city: Maseru, Teyateyaneng or Mafeteng?
A4)        Maseru.  (I wish I had Richard E. Grant’s phone number.   The man was born in Eswatini, and probably has a better idea how to pronounce those names than I do!)

Q5)        Finally … ?   What’s the country’s currency: the loti, zloty or punt?
A5)        The loti.   (It also uses the South African Rand.)
Here’s a thought …
“I was an overnight success all right, but thirty years is a long, long night.”
Ray Kroc, October 5, 1902 – January 14, 1984.
And an old Sweet tune: sung by Brian Connolly …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Yes, that is Jeremy Irons.   It’s not something he mentioned in interviews …


†        Hello, Mum!   (It was 1966, Mum, not 1964!)

‡        OK, whenever I say ‘local’, Debbi, I mean ‘… for a given value of local’ … !

2 comments:

  1. 1 Panama
    2 Vanuatu
    3 Warsaw
    4 France
    5 McDonalds

    ReplyDelete
  2. One must be careful in choosing one's words. You're local and I'm local, but I'm there and you're here.

    Something like that. :)

    1. Papua New Guinea
    2. Vanuatu
    3. Krakow
    4. Switzerland
    5. McDonald's

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.