
Pages
Thursday, 4 March 2010
The Daily Teaser …

9 comments:
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1. The Man With The Golden Gun
ReplyDelete2. Hervé Villechaize
3. Dune
4. Paul Atreides
5. Patsy Kensit
6. Jim Kerr
7. John Flamsteed
8. Franklin D. Roosevelt
9. The Kray twins
10. Robert Mugabe ('Scuse me whilst i wash my hands after typing that name...)
'Every man over forty is a scoundrel.' George Bernard Shaw
'Age is a high price to pay for maturity.' Tom Stoppard
Happy Birthday, Mate :-)
Q1) The Man With The Golden Gun
ReplyDeleteQ2) Hervé Villechaize
Q3) Dune
Q4) Paul Atreides
Q5) Patsy Kensit
Q6) Dan Donovan of Big Audio Dynamite
Q7) John Flamsteed
Q8) Franklin D. Roosevelt
Q9) Reggie Kray
Q10) Robert Mugabe
"Who wants an orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips." - The much-missed John Candy
Or , failing that, stick to birthday cake. Cheers, Andy
Q1. The Man With The Golden Gun
ReplyDeleteQ2. Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize
Q3. Dune
Q4. Paul Atreides
Q5. Patsy Kensit
Q6. Jim Kerr
Q7. John Flamsteed
Q8. Franklin D. Roosevelt
Q9. The Kray Twins Ronald and Reginald
Q10.Robert Mugabe
Andrea @pinkylips29
Happy Birthday Paul! Have a great day!
We turn not older with years, but newer every day.
- Emily Dickinson
Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.
- C.E.M. Joad
From our birthday, until we die,
Is but the winking of an eye.
- William Butler Yeats
Q1 Nick Nack ( Scaramanga's servant )
ReplyDeleteQ2 Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize
Q3 Dune
Q4 Paul Atreides
Q5 Patricia Jude Francis "Patsy" Kensit
Q7 John Flamsteed
Q8 Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Q9 Ronald and Reginald Kray
Q10 Robert Gabriel Karigamombe Mugabe
Trevor
Nik Naks are a type of extruded corn snack. Nik Naks were invented by Simba snacks of South Africa and originally licenced to the U.K. market through Riley’s Potato Crisps Limited of Scunthorpe.
Inside every older person is a younger person -
wondering what the hell happened.
- Cora Harvey Armstrong
Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
- Maurice Chevalier
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.
- Mark Twain
Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.
- C.E.M. Joad
Growing old is like being increasingly penalized
for a crime you have not committed.
- Anthony Powell
Q1 Nick Nack ( Scaramanga's servant )
ReplyDeleteQ2 Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize
Q3 Dune
Q4 Paul Atreides
Q5 Patricia Jude Francis "Patsy" Kensit
Q6 Dan Donovan
Q7 John Flamsteed
Q8 Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Q9 Ronald and Reginald Kray
Q10 Robert Gabriel Karigamombe Mugabe
Trevor
Whoops missed a question out first time
Nik Naks are a type of extruded corn snack. Nik Naks were invented by Simba snacks of South Africa and originally licenced to the U.K. market through Riley’s Potato Crisps Limited of Scunthorpe.
Inside every older person is a younger person -
wondering what the hell happened.
- Cora Harvey Armstrong
Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
- Maurice Chevalier
When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it happened or not.
- Mark Twain
Men are like wine. Some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.
- C.E.M. Joad
Growing old is like being increasingly penalized
for a crime you have not committed.
- Anthony Powell
Hi Paul,
ReplyDeleteI couldn't answer all of them. Here goes though:
1 The Man With The Golden Gun
2 ?
3 ?
4 ?
5 Patsy Kensit
6 Jim Kerr
7 ?
8 ?
9 The Krays
10 Robert Mugabe
Happy Birthday
Best regards,
James
q1. the man with he golden gun
ReplyDeleteq2. herve villechaize
q3. dune
q4. paul atreides
q5. patsy kensit
q6. jim kerr
q7. john flamsteed
q8. franklin d roosevelt
q9. ronald and reginald
q10.robert mugabe
1. Man with the golden gun (Michael had one of them)
ReplyDelete2. a little bloke
3. Which name, Nik or Paul?
4. Pink Fluff
5. Pasty Kensit
6. Liam Gallagher unless it was someone else
7. Halley
8. Hoover
9. Tweedledum and Tweedledee
10. Mugabee
Did I get any right?
What did everyone think of the new and improved ‘How To’, by the way?
ReplyDelete