
Whoah …
Now, hang on … !


I’m impressed, I really am … !


Mostly because I’ll happily admit to having watched this week’s episode of Dr Who — The Day of the Moon — and am as gobsmacked as I was, last night when I watched it at Gwen and Stef’s place in Kent.
And a touch more focused: after all, I was giving both Gwen and Stef a brief run down of last week’s episode.
And reassurances that, yes, the TARDIS does have a swimming pool.
Although, as the Doctor mentions in the Tom Baker story, The Invasion of Time, it’s technically the bathroom …
Ahem … !
»»•««
The Day of the Moon follows on from last weeks episode indirectly: set a few days after The Impossible Astronaut, it shows us the Doctor imprisoned in a box or Dwarf Star alloy.
And Canton Everett Delaware 3rd chasing down River, Amy and Rory, across various parts of the USA.
Which turns out to be something of a misdirection on the part of the former FBI man: it serves to give the team a base of operations — and access to the TARDIS — that is completely invisible to the Silence.
AND gives them somewhere to plan how to deal with a species that’s been — seemingly — living off the backs of humanity for a while.
»»•««
Actually … ?
Actually, I’ve got to confess, the way the Silence were beaten tonight was fantastically clever.
Clever …
Clever and almost incidental, in a bizarre way.
Because watching The Day of the Moon, I’m very aware that these two episodes are the first two instalments of a much larger story arc.
Just as an example … ?
I think Mr Moffat — along with Arthur Darvill — have managed to add more background to Rory than we would’ve expected …
Plaudits, there, I think, to Arthur Darvill!
There’s more …
We find out that Amy may have a lot more to do with the little girl than we think: not only is there a photograph of Amy — with a baby — in the little girl’s room at the mysterious orphanage, but that someone — out of the proverbial blue — is watching her.
And as for the girl … ?
We’ve been told she’s human … But we also find out she has a trick up her sleeve …
»»•««
Now, I think …
No, scrub that, I know that I’m impressed.
And I’ll be honest … ?
I’d like to avoid saying that series six looks like being ‘the best yet’, I really do.
But … ?
I’m pretty convinced this is going to be a cracker.
I don’t know if it’ll get awards — Lord knows Matt Smith’s already up for a BAFTA — but I’m pretty sure this is going to demand an audience that’ll need to be able to mentally go at a run to keep up.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.