Pages

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

The Daily Teaser - 22-2-2012

I’ll be frank …

That’s a really old photo, isn’t it … ?

I’ve been happily scanning in a bunch of old — decades old — family photos, just recently: in point of fact, I’ve a few more to do, in this batch.

And it’s fascinating stuff to see.

Fascinating …

And sort of scary, too.

After all, it’s a touch frightening to see quite how thin I was, back in the day!

AHEM … !

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

Before I dig some of the really embarrassing* shirts I had … !

‹‹·››

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi — all on her ownsome, and definitely leaving comments about itª — putting in her answers: AND bagging 7 out of 7.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) 22nd February, 1983, saw the opening — and closing — of Moose Murders, Broadway’s worst play: in which theatre … ?

Q2) More to the point, who wrote Moose Murders?

Q3) 22nd February, 1959, saw Lee Petty win the debut what … ?

Q4) 22nd February, 1879, saw Frank Woolworth open the first of his Woolworths store: these were what’s called a what store … ?

Q5) 22nd February, 2006, saw six men stage Britain’s biggest robbery: in which Kentish town … ?

Q6) And finally … 22nd February saw the death of actor Nicholas Courtney: which character did he famously play in Dr Who … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 21st February is International Mother Language Day: how many official languages does the United Nations have … ?
A1) Six.

Q2) More to the point, name one of them.
A2) Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.

Q3) Even MORE to the point: name any of those languages that don’t usually use the Latin alphabet.
A3) Arabic, Chinese and Russian.

Q4) 21st February, 1965, saw the death of activist, Malcolm Little: how was he better known … ?
A4) Malcolm X: and as El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, later in life.

Q5) 21st February, 1612, saw Mikhail 1st named as Tsar: which dynasty did he found as a result … ?
A5) The Romanov.

Q6) 21st February, 1878, saw New Haven, Connecticut, issue the world’s first what … ?
A6) Telephone directory.

Q7) And finally … 21st February, 1848, saw the original publication of The Communist Manifesto: name either of the authors.
A7) Karl Marx, or Friedrich Engelsº.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll leave you with a few words of wisdom from Neil the Hippie …























* Bright pink paisley, before you ask …

ª Debbi, what can I tell you … ? You just don’t get the comments … ! (I’ll be keeping me fingers crossed: we’ll have to see who’s paying attention … )

º I’m not sure how true it is, but I’m sure I read — somewhere — that Marx hated Engels’ misstress: and felt she was common. I mean … Common … ?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm ... do I need to say outrageous things? :)

    Wars are a terrible thing. Is that outrageous?

    1. The Eugene O'Neill Theatre
    2. Arthur Bicknell
    3. Daytona 500
    4. Five and Dime
    5. Tonbridge
    6. Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.