Pages

Thursday, 8 August 2013

The Daily Teaser — 8-8-2013

Hmmm … 

Right … Seems like I’ve got a day to myself, at the mo.

Well, not to meself: more I’ve got little to do.

Bar the usual, of course.   Job-hunting and beavering away at a Teaser or two.

Still … I’m sure I’ll find SOMETHING … !

Right … 

Let’s get a move on, shall we?

~≈†≈~

Yesterday’s Teaser was another quiet one: with no-one having a go.

So, let’s see who we can interest in today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video … 

Q1) 8th August is Father’s Day: in which Far Eastern island nation … ?
Q2) It’s also Farmer’s Day: in which African nation: Tanzania, Togo or Tunisia … ?
Q3) 8th August, 1988, saw the birth of The Duke and Duchess of York’s eldest child: what’s that child’s name … ?
Q4) 8th August, 1969, saw Iain MacMillan take the photo that became the cover of which Beatles LP … ?
Q5) Finally … 8th August, 1908, saw Wilbur Wright make the first public flight of an air plane: at a racecourse in which French city … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 7th August, 1890, saw Anna Månsdotter become the last woman to be executed in which country … ?
A1) Sweden.
Q2) 7th August, 2001, saw the privately owned Heart Hospital — just off Harley Street — purchased by which government department … ?
A2) The Department of Health.
Q3) 7th August, 1960, saw the Ivory Coast become independent: from which European country … ?
A3) France.
Q4) 7th August, 1955, saw Sony — then known as the Tokyo Telecommunications Company — sell its first what … ?
A4) Transistor radios.
Q5) More to the point, Sony — along with Panasonic — have announced they’re working on the successor to what … ?
A5) Blu-ray.
Q6) Finally … 7th August, 2007, saw Barry Bonds  score his 756th Home Run.   For which team was he playing … ?
A6) The San Francisco Giants.
Enjoy those.

I’ll leave you with this thought from the Chris Eubank: possibly one of nature more confident sportsmen …
“I have finer points. So, superior in mentality, yes. As a fighter in accordance to the trade, yes”
Chris Eubank, 8 August 1966.
And, as a nod to birthday boy and guitarist, the Edge, with this tune from U2*











*        Which is something of a personal favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.