Pages

Thursday, 26 April 2018

American Horror Story — Series 5: Hotel — Episode 4 and 5: Devil’s Night and Room Service

26th April, 2018.


“Now … read on … !”

He says: very aware that writing … ?

Is going to take me a while.

What with one thing an another … ?



I’ve signed up for a Tumblr account: and eyeballing the amount of stuff going past is rather distracting.

REALLY distracting.

No, don’t ask: it’s a mixed audience!

At any rate … ?

I’ve had a night off …

I’ve got some Tangerine Dream playing in the background.




And caught more of American Horror Story’s fifth season: Hotel.



Yes: it’s still looking good.

~≈§≈~

Episode 4Devil’s Night — tells us that James March (Evan Peters), the long dead builder of the Cortez, is still haunting the place.   And due to hold his annual Devil’s Night shindig for a select band of serial killers.

AND has invited Detective John Lowe (Wes Bentley) along for the ride.

Episode 5Room Service — sees Alex Lowe (Chloë Sevigny) treating a dying patient: by feeding him some of her own blood.

Both her and Iris (Kathy Bates)?   She and Iris are both having trouble.

As they’re starting to develop a bit of a thirst … 

~≈§≈~

Now, you’ll excuse me for doing a comparatively short write up … 

But … ?

I want you to know something.

I am thoroughly enjoying Hotel: as through as I’ve enjoyed earlier episodes in the show.

I think I’ve figured out part of the reason why.

We can — possibly — argue the show’s derivative: the method the vampire characters use to kill their victims?

Seems reminiscent of Tony Scott’s The Hunger, the hotel, itself — along side Evan Peter’s character — seemed familiar: especially if we’ve heard of H. H. Holmes, and his Castle.

But … ?

For all the buried geeky references?

It’s very watchable: those little buried references only adding to my enjoyment.

I still watching it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.