Q1)27th July, 1996, saw a bomb go off in Atlanta. The city was holding that year’s what: World Cup, Summer Olympic Games or US Open?
Q2)27th July is the feast day of Theobald of Marly. Where is Marly: Spain, France or the United Kingdom?
Q3)Day of Victory in the Great Fatherland Liberation War is marked on 27th July. Where: Vietnam, China or North Korea?
Q4)The US Department of Foreign Affairs was founded on 27th July, 1789. The Department is now called what: the Foreign Office, the Department of State or the Ministry of Yellow Hats?
Q5)Finally … ? Wilhelm 2nd made a speech about his subjects: on 27th July, 1900. In it, he compared the Germans to what: Goths, Huns or Vandals?
Q4)Lehrer’s “The Elements” saw him reciting the elements on the then current version of the periodic table. This was performed to a tune written by who: John and Taupin, Gilbert and Sullivan or Lennon and McCartney?
“The Microbe”, by Hilaire Belloc, 27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953.
And a song …
The next 10 question sets are on 30th July, 11th August, 26th August, 5th and 7th September: they’re about the Beano, World Steel Pan Day, International Dog Day, the Muppet Show and Boston.
There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek
Your
Comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’sTeaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (It was 2025, University of Califonia Santa Cruz, 1953 and 1959, Mum, rather than 2925, Harvard 1955 and 1958!!!!!)
† It was that, Debbi … !
I think there’s been a few leaked pictures of Molly, posted online, Debbi. So, yes: that’s her, alright. We’ll have to see how the performance goes, in January …
I love it when someone comments. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively grown up. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Indeed. That's the way I remember Molly.
ReplyDelete1. Summer Olympic Games
2. France
3. North Korea
4. the Department of State
5. Huns