Pages

Tuesday, 28 July 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28th July 2026.

28th July, 2026.

Late nights … 

We all get them, don’t we … ?

I (almost) had one last night.

I was just getting ready for bed … and then noticed the little red dot on my System Settings, the little red dot that told me I had an available update.

Given I wanted to sleep … ?

I decided to leave it: for now.

That bed of mine looked comfy!

~≈🛌≈~

It turns out The Times ran an article: telling us news I’m interested in.

It seems the Prime Minister, Andy Burnham, is contemplating reforming the election system.

To introduce both compulsory voting — with a £10 fine — and a ‘None of the Above’ option to the ballot.

I don’t like the idea of compulsory voting: it means we, the voter, cannot ignore an election if we don’t want to take part in it.

I don’t like the idea of compulsory voting: that earns you a fine.

For me, £10 is a few days worth of electricity, a few days worth of gas, a bag of frozen sausages, and some potatoes.

So?

No: I don’t want to see compulsory voting.

But putting a ‘None of the Above’ option on the ballot?

Is something I’ve supported for years … 

That, or spoiling one’s vote, are very good ways of improving a ballot.

~≈🗳️≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        28th July is Liberation Day.   Where: San Marino, Lichtenstein or North Korea?

Q2)        An earthquake struck Tangshan: on 28th July, 1976.   City, and earthquake, were in which country?

Q3)        28th July is Independence Day.   Where: Peru, Brazil or Chile?

Q4)        Robert Chapman was born on 28th July, 1972.   Name either one of the two county sides he played first class cricket for.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Harry Kane was born on 28th July, 1993.   He currently plays football for which German team?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        27th July, 1996, saw a bomb go off in Atlanta.   The city was holding that year’s what: World Cup, Summer Olympic Games or US Open?
A1)        Summer Olympic Games.

Q2)        27th July is the feast day of Theobald of Marly.   Where is Marly: Spain, France or the United Kingdom?
A2)        France.

Q3)        Day of Victory in the Great Fatherland Liberation War is marked on 27th July.   Where: Vietnam, China or North Korea?
A3)        North Korea.

Q4)        The US Department of Foreign Affairs was founded on 27th July, 1789.   The Department is now called what: the Foreign Office, the Department of State or the Ministry of Yellow Hats?
A4)        Department of State.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Wilhelm 2nd made a speech about his subjects: on 27th July, 1900.   In it, he compared the Germans to what: Goths, Huns or Vandals?
A5)        Huns.
Here’s a thought …
“What I do is me: for that I came.”
Gerald Manley Hopkins, 28 July 1844 – 8 June 1889.
And a Junior Kimbrough song …


The next 10 question sets are on 30th July, 11th August, 26th August, the 5th, 7th and 11th September: they’re about the Beano, World Steel Pan Day, International Dog Day, the Muppet Show, Boston and the Nine-Eleven attacks.

There’s a twelve question set on 8th September: about Star Trek.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Disappointingly, Debbi, they don’t seem to have included the Finn.   I’m not happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when someone comments. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively grown up. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable. I also like seeing folks webpages.