Pages

▼

Sunday, 27 September 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 27-9-2026 — Here In My Car.

27th September, 2026: Here In My Car.


Feet … 

Feet … !

My tumble dryer has feet: as many machines do.

Adjustable feet, I should add.

One of these days?

I’ll get around to adjusting the things.

The dryer don’t half wobble!

~≈🧺≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Which car first left the factory, on 27th September, 1908: the VW Beetle, the Model T Ford or the Rolls Royce Silver Ghost?

Q2)        The factory that built the car was in which US city: Detroit, Chicago or Akron?

Q3)        The factory built cars for who: Volkswagen, Ford or Rolls Royce?

Q4)        The car in question was the first car by its makers, to be what: steam powered, mass produced or inherently funky?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The company that produced the car was lead by whom: Adolf Hitler, Henry Ford or Charles Royce?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Petrov Incident took place on 26th September.   Of which year of the 1980s?
A1)        1983.   According to Wikipedia, the incident was caused by “a rare alignment of sunlight on high-altitude clouds”.

Q2)        The event was triggered when Stanislav Petrov spotted an apparent what: UFO, ICBM or GPS?
A2)        An ICBM.   (ICBM is short for InterContinental Ballistic Missile.)

Q3)        Sugar rationing ended in the UK.   On 26th September of which year of the 1950s?
A3)        1953.

Q4)        26th September, 2016, saw the death of Toughie.   Toughie was the last known member of his species of what: frog, toad or newt?
A4)        Frog.   (Toughie was the last known Rabbs’ fringe-limbed treefrog.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   The late Rob Burrow was born on 26th September, 1982.   He played what: Rugby Union or Rugby League?
A5)        Rugby League.
Here’s a thought …
“It is generally regarded as the first mass-affordable automobile, which made car travel available to middle-class Americans.”
From the Wikipedia entry on the car in question.
And the inevitable Gary Numan song …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla and Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!   (It was 1953 and frog, Mum, rather than 1954 and toads.)

†        Hang on, Debbi, didn’t your brain already try that?   Back you had that stroke? you are still upright and breathing!   (Apparently, that was Cohen the Barbarian’s view: if you’re upright and breathing, you’re ok.)

2 comments:

  1. As a final thought … ?

    I owe my nephew, Jude, a big ‘Thank You’: as he’s shown me how to include timestamps in a YouTube video

    Thank you, Jude!

    ~~

    (You have to do a list of at least three times in the descritption: the first of which has to be something like this:

    Opening — 00:00
    Example 1— 01:00
    Example 2— 03:30)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a final thought … ?

    I owe my nephew, Jude, a big ‘Thank You’: as he’s shown me how to include timestamps in a YouTube video

    Thank you, Jude!

    ~~

    (You have to do a list of at least three times in the descritption: the first of which has to be something like this:

    Opening — 00:00
    Example 1— 01:00
    Example 2— 03:30)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.