Saturday, 26 September 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th September 2026

26th September, 2026.


Right … I’ve finally managed to track something down.

Yes: I’ve finally managed to track down toilet blocks.

Which is what I meant to get on Thursday: but totally forgot about.

Heigh … … … HO!

~≈🚽≈~

As an added extra, there … ?

I managed to find a couple of shops near the station that took PayPal payments: where, in theory, I could pay my rent.

One, the local Post Office branch, wasn’t somewhere I could explore, as I went during at a busy patch.

Another?

Would take the rent payment … but only as cash.

Which is inconvenient: I’d have to take the cash out at my bank — in the High Street — then walk to the Brentwood Station area with a lot of cash, pay at the shop … then walk back to the High Street to pay the rest of the bills, and get my shopping!

I think exploring other options my be an idea.

Including — finally — learning how to pay the rent online!

~≈🏚️≈~

Just as an extra thought … ?

The Tories have plans to prevent benefit seekers spending money on cigarettes and alcohol: by issuing benefits on pre-paid debit cards.

Similar to the cards offered by some charity schemes: that offer supplemental spending money to those in need.

The idea is that you spend the money on stuff you need: rather than on stuff you’re addicted to.

I’m sceptical about the plans.

From personal experience, I know you need to activate the things online: and only so many people I know are comfortable using a computer, a smart phone or online services.

I’m also wondering how you’re supposed to use the card to pay rent with the things.

Again, many would feel uncomfortable using it to pay online.

Or setting up the online scheme that tells the Department of Work and Pensions you want the Housing portion of your Universal Credit to go directly to your landlord.

And, frankly?

I know a few people with substances issues: who, I believe, would sell their cards to their nearest dealer … in return for Gods know what!

Assuming the dealers would take them in preference to cash.

Even on the alcohol and tobacco front, a user would need help to get off their substance of choice: so that the wouldn’t be tempted to use the cards.

As a supplement to paying in cash, these cards are fine.

They let you spend extra money: and use cash for other things.

But as a main source of spending money?

Like I say: I’m sceptical.

~≈£≈~

Oh, just in case you’re interested … ?

Jude’s done another video … !


Feel free to hit the ‘Like’ button … !

~≈👍≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The Petrov Incident took place on 26th September.   Of which year of the 1980s?

Q2)        The event was triggered when Stanislav Petrov spotted an apparent what: UFO, ICBM or GPS?

Q3)        Sugar rationing ended in the UK.   On 26th September of which year of the 1950s?

Q4)        26th September, 2016, saw the death of Toughie.   Toughie was the last known member of his species of what: frog, toad or newt?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The late Rob Burrow was born on 26th September, 1982.   He played what: Rugby Union or Rugby League?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        25th September, 2018, saw who sentenced for Aggravated Sexual Assault: Bill Cosby, Jared Leto or Harvey Weinstein?
A1)        Bill Cosby.

Q2)        Christopher Reeve was born on 25th September, 1952.   He played Dr Alan Chaffee in which John Carpenter film: The Thing, The Fog or Village of the Damned?
A2)        Village of the Damned.

Q3)        Ronnie Barker was born on 25th September, 1929.   He first played Norman Stanley ‘Fletch’ Fletcher in which BBC series: Seven of One, Porridge or Going Straight?
A3)        Seven of One.   The first episode of Seven of One, “Open All Hours”, served as a backdoor pilot for the series of the same name.   Fletch was introduced in the second episode, “Prisoner and Escort”, which served as a backdoor pilot for Porridge.   Seven of One was shown first … !

Q4)        Glenn Gould was born on 25th September, 1932.   He played what: Spanish guitar, piano or harp?
A4)        Piano.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Mark Hamill was born on 25th September, 1951.   He provides the voice for which Batman villain … ?
A5)        The Joker.   (He’s left handed, you know … )
Here’s a thought …
“You weren’t made to fit in.   You were born to stand out!”
Jim Caviezel, born September 26, 1968.
And an Ras Kass song …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla and Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!   (The right answers were Village of the Damned, Seven of One and the Joker, Mum — rather than The Fog, Porridge, and ‘Not Sure’!   Mark Hamill’s left handed, you know.)

†        That always seems to be the way, Debbi.
        Oh, I’ve updated the ten question list, in case you hadn’t noticed!   (I was tempted to make All Quiet … a twelve question set, but thought, “Debbi will go bananas if I do!”)

    Upcoming Ten Question Sets:
  • 9th October: The Nightmare Before Christmas.
  • 27th October: Godzilla.
  • 8th November: Monty Python’s Life of Brian.
  • 10th November: All Quiet on the Western Front.
    Upcoming Twelve Questions:
  • 16th October: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.