Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22nd September 2026.

22nd September, 2026.


I think we can safely say it’s thumb-twiddling day.

Yes: and in other words?

It’s the day before payday: so I have no actual cash to do anything, beyond going of a nice healthy walk.

Which, given my weight was up 100 grams — about a third of a pound, Mum! — yesterday, is no bad thing!

Heigh ho!

~≈🚶🏻≈~
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Anura Kumara Dissanayake was elected to office on 22nd September, 2024.   Elected to office as the ninth president of where: India, Sri Lanka or Tamil Nadu?

Q2)        22nd September is Resistance Fighting Day.   Where: Estonia, Latvia, or Lithuania?

Q3)        22nd September is the feast of Saint Maurice.   He’s a patron saint of where: Austria, Belarus or Croatia?

Q4)        Charlie’s Angels debuted on 22nd September 1976.   On which US tv network: ABC, CBS or NBC?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Fay Weldon was born on 22nd September, 1931.   Her book, The Life and Love of a She Devil, was published in which year of the 1980s?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Nightfall on 21st September, 2026, sees the end of Yom Kippur.   It’s marked by whom: Jews, Christians or Muslims?
A1)        Jews.

Q2)        Yom Kippur is the Day of what?
A2)        Atonement.

Q3)        Many will be marking Yom Kippur in a what: synagogue, church or mosque?
A3)        Synagogue.

Q4)        During Yom Kippur, one is supposed to what: fast, light candles or stay awake all night?
A4)        Fast.   (You can’t wear leather shoes, either.   I’m assuming plastic flip-flops are ok …)

Q5)        Finally … ?   Many marking Yom Kippur consider the day to be shabbat shabbaton.   In other words, it’s a day of what: work, rest or play?
A5)        A day of rest.
Here’s a thought …
“I like sex.   I’ve had feedback but men will feed you back anything, won’t they?”
Fay Weldon, 22 September 1931 – 4 January 2023.
And the inevitable Toni Basil tune …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Godzilla.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!   (Yom Kippur is the day of atonement, Mum, rather than the day of reflection.)

        I found an American interview with him, Debbi‡: you can hear his Welsh accent in it, a little: although he’s toned it down, heavily.   It’s a bit more pronounced in the interview he did with the BBC, recently.


        He’s mild, Debbi: compared to Eve Myles or Michael Sheen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.