28th September, 2026: Czechia.
Once more unto the weigh-in, once more!
Yes: it’s Monday.
So … ?
I’m off to my weight management weigh in.
Hopefully, I’d’ve los something.
Which would be nice: I’ve gained a few pounds, over the past few weeks.
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) 28th September is Statehood Day in the Czech Republic. It marks the death of whom: Wenceslaus 1st, Wenceslaus 2nd or Wenceslaus 3rd?Q2) The country used to be known as which ‘B’?Q3) There are two different versions of a what, on the Republic’s coat of arms: a dragon, an eagle or a unicorn?Q4) What’s the Czech Republic’s capital: Prague, Brno or Ostrava?Q5) Finally … ? Which of these is an official minority language in the Czech Republic: Mandarin, Thai or Vietnamese?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) Which car first left the factory, on 27th September, 1908: the VW Beetle, the Model T Ford or the Rolls Royce Silver Ghost?A1) The Model T Ford.Q2) The factory that built the car was in which US city: Detroit, Chicago or Akron?A2) Motown, itself: Detroit.Q3) The factory built cars for who: Volkswagen, Ford or Rolls Royce?A3) Ford.Q4) The car in question was the first car by its makers, to be what: steam powered, mass produced or inherently funky?A4) Mass produced. Apparently, it was the company’s first model produced with interchangeable parts.Q5) Finally … ? The company that produced the car was lead by whom: Adolf Hitler, Henry Ford or Charles Royce?A5) Henry Ford.
Here’s a motto …
“Pravda vítěz픓Truth Prevails”.The Republic’s motto.
And a national anthem …
The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla and Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.
The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (Five out of five: well done.)
† Wayne would probably have got on with Cohen, then, Debbi!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.