Did I mention I’ve run pub quizzes, in my time … ?
I did … ?
Oh, good … !
Part of that’s meant, over the year’s, that I’ve had to rely on all sort’s of resources to get a basic stock of quiz questions, and other bits and bobs.
So I’ve found a few sites to be … handy … !
In no particular order, here’s the quiz question sites I’ve found handiest: these have a good selection of both free and non-free questions.
Art and Images.
I’ve also source artwork and images from all over the place, artwork-wise.
Most of the more eye-catching jester images were originally commissioned by me, from a friend of mine, called Ms Vix — and are copyrighted to her. I’ve also supplemented them with various royalty free images.
- deviantArt Not free, per sé, but worth looking at.
Open Source Software.
I’ve also found various Open source software useful, over the years. And please note, this is a bit of a mix: there’s directories, productivity and games, listed in this section.
- Open Office. THE open source productivity suite.
- NeoOffice. (The Mac port of Open Office, and the one I prefer.)
- The Gimp. The Gnu Image Manipulation Programme, before you get excited.
- Ubuntu. The World’s most popular Open Source operating system.
Here’s a few open source directories: most of these are directories of genuinely open source software, but it also includes Softpedia, which has a mix of free software.
- SourceForge. This is the most popular open source Directory, and where I’d suggest you look for stuff first.
- Osalt. Osalt has a good range of Open source software, and can offer suggestions to popular commercial software.
- Softpedia. This site offers a mix of free software, open source or otherwise.
Oh, and BEFORE I forget, you might find these fun to play with … !!
- Pac The Man X. I’ve had my copy of Pac the Man X, by McSebi Software, for years: it’s serious retro fun!!
- The Battle For Wesnoth. Which you’ll either love or hate. And need time to play!
Now, I hope those are helpful for you. Let’s move on, shall we?
These sites are ones where I’m either a fan of the sites or artists concerned, or friends with sites thats showing their talents off. Follow the links, and don’t forget to mention me when you get there!!
- Terry Pratchett. This is Mr P’s UK site: if I get the chance at a later date, I’ll add his US one, to.
- Dumpy’s Rusty Nuts. Dumpy and the boys have been — much like Jerry Lee Lewis — out there, somewhere, for many years. WAY out there! Miss them at your cost!
- Tyche’s Games. Sean’s an old friend who’s been running Tyche’s Games for some years. If you’re in Athens, feel free to drop in and browse. Hopefully, the traffic won’t be that bad!
- Pinkylips Poetry. Andrea’s one of the Old Peculiar’s Poet’s in residence. And a definite Twilight fan!
- Mama Alfy’s Ramblings. Which is the blog page of our other Residence writer, Angela!
And before I forget …
Here’s a trio of causes!
- The Alzheimer’s Society. And if a Terry Pratchett fan who’s lost a relative to this, CAN’t put this link in … !
- Searchlight Magazine. Bit left wing, this one … !
- The Robin Hood Tax. As is this one: I’m left wing enough to admit I’m mildly hacked off the Tories have hijacked this for the 2010 Election.
Enjoy those, and don’t forget: tell ’em I sent you!!