Q1)The first reports of the Famine were made: on 13th September. Of which year: 1843, 1845 or 1847?
Q2)The Famine affected which country of the UK: England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales?
Q3)The Famine was caused by a disease that hit what: carrots, potatoes or turnips?
Q4)Many emigrated as a result of the Famine. To where: the USA, South Africa or Thailand?
Q5)Finally … ? The Famine’s called An Gorta Mór in the local language. The phrase’s translate’s into English as ‘the Great’ … what: Hunger, Death or Spud?
Q5)Sir Ian played Napoleon ins three different films. 1974’s Napoleon and Love was the first, 1981’s Time Bandits was the second. What, in 2001, was the third?
Q7)Finally … ? Sir Ian played Desmond Cussen in 1985’s Dance with a Stranger. The film is about the last woman to be hanged in the UK. Who was that woman?
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
1 1845
ReplyDelete2 Ireland
3 Potatoes
4 USA
5 Hunger
Hey, there! I'm here. :)
ReplyDelete1. 1845
2. Ireland
3. potatoes
4. the USA
5. Hunger
You know, if it weren't for the Irish Famine, I wouldn't be me. :)
My great-grandfather was Irish. He was also a Broadway actor. I think I've mentioned this before. Probably. :)
Be seeing you ...! :)