30th September, 2026: Max Verstappen.
Right at the moment?
This song is playing:
Although, frankly … ?
There’s only so much of Funky Billy Chin I can put up with.
I might just change the record … !
~≈🥋≈~
A few days ago, intruders were spotted outside RAF Fairford, in Gloucestershire: in vans containing lots of petrol, rather than the originally reported explosives.
The RAF base is leased out to the US Air Force: and used by the USAF in their current action against Iran.
Understandably, security is heavy in and around the base.
I have questions.
One?
Why were the suspects bailed?
Apparently, this was in what police called an “investigative decision”, one that was “grounded in experience and strategy”.
Hmmm …
OK … but I suspect keeping a group of terrorists off the street would be a good idea, but I’m not wearing the uniform.
Two … ?
Apparently, and according to The Times, one of the five suspects phoned an alert to the police, himself.
Why … ?
I have no idea!
But I’m wondering if the event — stunt? — was either some sort of training exercise: by, I don’t know, MI5, or the SAS.
Or, I don’t know, right wing idiots like Combat 18, paint throwing lefties like Palestine Action …
Or — as suggested, earlier, on the Today programme — by a bunch of TikTok influencers trying to go really viral!
Which really wouldn’t surprise me!
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) Max Verstappen was born on 30th September, 1997. Where: the Netherlands, Belgium or Estonia?Q2) He drives under which flag: Dutch, Belgian or Estonian?Q3) Max currently races for whom: Red Bull, McLaren or Aston Martin?Q4) He competes in what: Formula One racing, Indy 500 racing or BMX?Q5) Finally … ? How many times has Verstappen won the World Drivers’ Champions?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 29th September saw the release of the Nintendo 64 console: in which year of the 1990s?A1) 1996.Q2) 29th September saw the release of the Nintendo 64 console. In which country: Japan, the USA or France?A2) The USA.Q3) 29th September is Batalla de Boquerón Day. Where: Paraguay, Uruguay or Argentina?A3) Paraguay.Q4) The Metropolitan Police was founded on 29th September, 1820. It’s the police force for which English Region: Greater London, the City of London or Liverpool?A4) Greater London. (The City of London, London’s financial district, is a separate city from Greater London: and has a separate police force.)Q5) Finally … ? Tampere Hall was inaugurated on 29th September, 1990. It’s in which country: Sweden, Finland or Denmark?A5) Finland.
Here’s a thought …
“I don’t need people shouting at me to tell me what I did wrong.”Max Verstappen.
And an earworm‡ …
The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla and Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.
The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (The Nintendo 64 has a *US* release on the 29th, Mum, rather than a Japanese one.)
† Glad to hear it, Debbi … ! 😄
‡ Last time I heard that, it was about Freddie Eastwood. Both tunes are based on Pigbag’s “Papa’s Got a Brand New Pigbag.”

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.