Thursday, 1 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 1-10-2026 — October.

1st October, 2026: October.


Right … excitable heaps … 

Are you in one?

No … ?

That’s OK: night am I.

I just know I have to stay in, this afternoon, as I’m due my annual gas safety check, this afternoon!

~≈💨≈~

There’s been a bit of talk, recently: after Andy Burnham, the UK’s current PM, announced that Labour were thinking about a second Brexit referendum into their next election manifesto.

Having voted Remain, back in 2016?

I’d welcome the chance to correct something I view as a massive cock-up.

But any options on the ballot would need to be carefully thought out, and not the Leave/Remain options in 2016.

They’d need to be:
  • Stay out of the EU.
  • Re-join the EU and the Euro.
  • Re-join the EU and keep Sterling as our currency.
I’m no economist, no expert: but I’m aware that the pound — along with the US dollar, the Euro, and the Japanese Yen, amongst others — is a reserve currency, acceptable in international trade.

Whilst it may not give us much clout?

It gives us some.

So, given those three options?

I’d want to go for the third: re-joining the EU and keeping Sterling.

We’ll have to see, won’t we … ?

~≈£≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        1st October is the first day of October.   How many days are there, in October?

Q2)        It’s the tenth month of the modern Gregorian calendar.   What month was it to the Ancient Romans: the tenth, ninth or eighth?

Q3)        In the UK, October is what: Women’s Month, Black History Month or South Asian History Month?

Q4)        October is also the Month of the Holy Rosary.   According to whom: the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, the Church of England or the Roman Catholic Church?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The October Country was penned by which US writer: Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury or Robert Heinlein?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Max Verstappen was born on 30th September, 1997.   Where: the Netherlands, Belgium or Estonia?
A1)        Belgium.

Q2)        He drives under which flag: Dutch, Belgian or Estonian?
A2)        Dutch.

Q3)        Max currently races for whom: Red Bull, McLaren or Aston Martin?
A3)        Red Bull.

Q4)        He competes in what: Formula One racing, Indy 500 racing or BMX?
A4)        Formula One racing.

Q5)        Finally … ?   How many times has Verstappen won the World Drivers’ Champions?
A5)        Four times.
Here’s a thought …
“October is the 10th month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars.”
From the Wikipedia entry on the month.
And a song …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla and Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Hello, Mum!   (He’s won four times, Mum, rather than three times.)

†        The martial art, Debbi, or the song?   :D
        Hang on, Debbi: Nigel Mansell … ?   That’s going back a few years!   (My building’s named after Damon Hill, if that’s any help!)
        Nice to know the splint’s working out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.