10th October, 2026: Double Ten Day.
There are some things man was not meant to know.
There are some things a man cannot know.
And there are some things man … just won’t have a clue about, either way.
The thing I’m clueless about, this morning … ?
Is why I’ve woken up with the word ‘telebiogenesis’ — a fictional science from Dr Who — floating around my head.
Why … ?
If I knew that, I’d be rich!
Let’s move on.
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring ten out of ten, and Mum on six.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
Q1) 10th October is Double Ten Day. In other words, the national day of where: the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of China or Mongolistan?Q2) What’s that country’s capital city: Beijing, Taipei or Ulaanbaatar?Q3) What’s the country’s currency: the yuan, the dollar or the tögrög?
Q4) Its head of state is a what: a president, king or Archimandrite?Q5) Finally … ? The country’s flag is made up of how many colours: one, two or three?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) The Nightmare Before Christmas debuted on 9th October. Of which year of the 1990s?A1) 1993.Q2) The Nightmare Before Christmas debuted on 9th October. At what: the Cannes Film Festival, the New York Film Festival or Cork Film Festival?A2) The New York Film Festival.Q3) Who directed the film: Tim Burton, Ridley Scott or Henry Selick?A3) Henry Selick. (Burton wrote the poem the film is based on.)Q4) Caroline Thompson wrote the film’s what: the script, publicity or storyline?A4) The script.Q5) Danny Elfman wrote the film’s music. He was also the lead singer for which band: Devo, Oingo Boingo or the B-52s?A5) Oingo Boingo.Q6) Danny Elfman wrote the film’s music: and proving the singing voice for the main character. What was the main character called: Jack Skellington, Santa Claus or Oogie Boogie?A6) Jack Skellington.Q7) The main character is the king of where: Halloween Town, Christmas Town or Easter Bunny Land?A7) Halloween Town.Q8) Who’s the film’s villain: Dr Finkelstein or Oogie Boogie?A8) Oogie Boogie. (The character’s also listed as ‘The Oogie Boogie Man’)Q9) Dr Finkelstein has an assistant. Called what: Fritz, Igor or Condo?Q10) Finally … ? The main character’s love interest is called Sally. She’s a what: rag doll, ventriloquist’s doll or showroom dummy?A10) Rag doll.
Here’s a thought …
“… Double Tenth Day is a public holiday on 10 October … ”From the Wikipedia article on the day.
And the relevant National Anthem …
There’s more ten question sets on the 27th October, and on the 8th and 10th November: they’re about Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.
The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.
AI is avoided when writing these questions.
Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.
Decisions about scores are final.
Thank you for coming: have a good day.
* Hello, Mum! (Henry Selick was the director, Mum, not Tim Burton. The other answers were the script, Oingo Boingo and Halloween Town, rather than Tim Burton, writer, the B52s and Christmas Town.)
† I worked in McDonalds, myself, Debbi: many years ago!
Oh, I’ve caught the first episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds series four, last night: it’s rather good. (I’ve sent the clip via Facebook, if it doesn’t show up … )

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.