Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7th October 2026.

7th October, 2026.


Right … it’s Wednesday.

And I’m up early, again!

That early start implies two things.

First?

I’m off to my preferred chemist for a ’flu jab.

The resident pharmacist has only been telling me they can do it for several years, after all.

Second?

I’ve got a suitably spooky earworm … 


The old Rattles tune is the only song I know of, that has deranged laughing as a vocal fill … 

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        7th October is the feast day of Saint Osgyth.   She’s occasionally shown standing in front of a what: stag, boar or cow?

Q2)        7th October is the feast day of Saint Osgyth.   She’s occasionally shown carrying her own what?

Q3)        The German Democratic Republic was founded: on 7th October, 1949.   Was the Republic East Germany or West Germany?

Q4)        Drusus Julius Caesar was born on 7th October, 14BC.   He was the son of which Roman Emperor: Augustus, Tiberius or Caligula?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Director, Robert Z. Leonard was born on 7th October, 1889.   What did the Z stand for: Zbigniew, Zigler or Zachary?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        6th October, 2022, saw Annie Ernaux being awarded the Nobel Prize.   For what: Chemistry, Literature or Physics?
A1)        Literature.

Q2)        Eileen Derbyshire was born on 6th October, 1931.   She played a long running character in which series: EastEnders, The Archers or Coronation Street?
A2)        Coronation Street.
Q3)        Flora MacNeil was born on 6th October, 1928.   She mostly sang in which British language: Scottish Gaelic, Welsh or English?
A3)        Scottish Gaelic.

Q4)        Singer, Hanni, was born on 6th October, 2004.   Where: Australia, New Zealand or Papua New Guinea?
A4)        Australia.   (She’s part of a K-pop group called NewJeans)

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Gang of Four were arrested on 6th October, 1976.   Their arrest marked the effective end of China’s what: Long March, Cultural Revolution or Tiananmen Incident?
A5)        The Cultural Revolution.
Here’s a thought …
“I was born in 1939.   The other big event of that year was the outbreak of the Second World War, but for the moment that did not affect me.”
Clive James, 7 October 1939 – 24 November 2019.
And Begum Akhtar’s song, ऐ मोहब्बत तेरे अंजाम पे रोना आया


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

†        It does?   I hope Birmingham feels flattered by the comparison, Debbi: that’s the nearest big city to Spaghetti Junction.
        Oh, they’ve announced the Dr Who animated series: it’s aimed at toddlers.   I’d’ve possibly watched when Jude was three … !
        Oh, can you remind me to see if there’s a blu-ray version of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy doing the rounds?   It might make this frame clearer … 













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.