Saturday, 3 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-10-2026 — Saint Francis of Assisi

3rd October, 2026: Francis of Assisi.


OK … movies … 

I’ve not actually reviewed one for a while: and really should.

But I have watched a couple.

Thursday?

I caught Coyote vs Acme, the story of what happens when an innocent coyote sues an evil mega corporation.


It’s a great deal of fun: and worth watching, I think.

By contrast?

Last night saw me watching — or trying to watch — the very well-spoken of Backrooms*.


It’s got to be said, Chiwetel Ejiofor’s US accent is pretty good.

He’s British, after all: we do knock out good actors!

The film, itself, though … ?

Was paced very slowly: at least for its initial twenty-five minutes or so.

That’s where I gave up on it†.

Like I say: Backrooms is very well made, very well spoken of … 

But really couldn’t hold my attention.

~≈🚪≈~
Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum‡ and Debbi§ putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Francis of Assisi died on 3rd October, 1226.   The town of Assisi is in which modern country: Spain, Italy or France?

Q2)        He’s the patron saint of whom: refugees, hostages or stowaways?
Q3)        He’s the founder of which religious order: the Benedictines, the Franciscans or the Jesuits?

Q4)        Which Pope took his name from that of Saint Francis?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Francis of Assisi wrote the Canticle of the what: Sun, Moon or Stars?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Philip Oakey was born on 2nd October, 1955.   He was the lead singer of which band: Depeche Mode, the Human League or Heaven 17?
A1)        The Human League.

Q2)        2nd October is the feast day of Saint Leodegar of Poitiers.   He’s the patron saint of whom: bakers, millers or farmers?
A2)        Millers.

Q3)        Which US president suffered a stroke on 2nd October, 1919: William H. Taft, Woodrow Wilson or Warren G. Harding?
A3)        Woodrow Wilson.

Q4)        Opus Dei was founded on 2nd October, 1928.   It’s a religious organisation that owes its allegiance to which church: the Roman Catholic Church, the Church of England or the Alabama Church of Christ Compassionate?
A4)        Roman Catholic Church.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Freedom of Information Act were signed into law by the US president: on 2nd October, 1996.   By which US president?
A5)        Bill Clinton.
Here’s a thought …
“Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.”
Saint Francis.
And a prayer …


The next ten question sets are on the 9th, and 27th, of October, and the 8th and 10th November: they’re about The Nightmare Before Christmas, Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.


*        The film takes its name from an internet meme: one that tells us about an extra dimensional series of empty rooms.

†        That’s at about the mark where Ejiofor’s character slides through a wall, and into the Backrooms of the title.   That’s where the film lost me.

‡        Hello, Mum!   (It was Woodrow Wilson, Mum, rather than William H. Taft.)

§        Cheers for that, Debbi: I’ll know that for next time!
        I’ll be honest, Debbi: I’m never sure exactly what an online search would show you, when using ‘rugby’ as a basic term.   A quick search, just now, has shown me some news items: and, in the links below that, highlighted Rugby Union as I’m in southern England.
        That said?   The second link down shows me the Wikipedia entry for rugby football: which covers most of the codes.   I’d imagine that — in the US — that’s the link that Google would prioritise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.