Sunday, 11 October 2026

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 11th October, 2026.

11th October, 2026.


Well … it’s Sunday … and it’s quiet!

So?

Making silly AI artwork with ChatGPT seems reasonable.

Even if I don’t look like the original character!

Evil Harry Dread.

~≈🦹‍♂️≈~

I’ve found out, this morning, that there’s an upcoming film version of The Magician’s Nephew: the first book — chronologically — of C. S. Lewis’ Narnia books.

Which was possibly my favourite of the books.

The fact Greta Gerwig is directing the thing is no problem: she’s an authentic Oscar winner with a ton of talent.

I think what’s going to cause a problem is one of her casting decisions.

She’s cast Meryl Streep as the voice of Aslan, one of the book’s central characters.

In case you didn’t know?

Lewis was a devout Christian: and made it perfectly clear Aslan represented Jesus Christ.

Which is why, in The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, the character is sacrificed on the Stone Table: the scene is supposed to parallel the Crucifixion.

So … ?

I’m twitchy about the casting choice: and I’m not especially religious.

So I’m aware that others, more devout than me, will have problems.

One such objector was speaking on Radio Four’s Sunday show, this morning.

There’s something else, as well.

Apparently, Aslan is to be presented as a lion, as a male of the species.

I know Meryl Streep’s good: her string of awards tell us that!

But … 

I don’t know if those gongs will help her play a male lion!

~≈🦁≈~

Let’s move on.

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on one!.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        A search of Loch Ness ended on 11th October, 1987.   What did the search fail to find?

Q2)        11th October is the feast day of Saint Gummarus of Lier.   Where is Lier: Belgium, France or Luxembourg?

Q3)        11th October is the feast day of Saint Gummarus of Lier.   He’s the patron saint of whom: glove-makers, cheese-wrights or butchers?

Q4)        11th October is the Day of the Macedonian Uprising.   It’s a public holiday, where: North Macedonia or Greek Macedonia?

Q5)        Finally … ?   11th October is General Pulaski Memorial Day.   Where: the USA, Poland or France?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        10th October is Double Ten Day.   In other words, the national day of where: the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of China or Mongolistan?
A1)        The Republic of China: Taiwan, in other words.

Q2)        What’s that country’s capital city: Beijing, Taipei or Ulaanbaatar?
A2)        Taipei.

Q3)        What’s the country’s currency: the yuan, the dollar or the tögrög?
A3)        The New Taiwanese dollar.

Q4)        Its head of state is a what: a president, king or Archimandrite?
A4)        A president.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The country’s flag is made up of how many colours: one, two or three?
A5)        Three: red, blue and white.
Here’s a thought …

“A man is nowhere without money”.
Henry J. Heinz, October 11, 1844 – May 14, 1919.

And a song …


The next ten question sets are on 27th October, and 8th and 10th November: they’re about Godzilla, Monty Python’s Life of Brian and All Quiet on the Western Front.

The next twelve question set is on 16th October: coincidently, it’s about The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

Your comments, and today’s answers, will be published in tomorrow’s Teaser.

AI is avoided when writing these questions.

Answers are as accurate as possible: at the time of writing.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!   (I was after the Republic of China, Mum, rather than the People’s Republic.   Taiwan, in other words: the other answers were based on that.)

†        “The Menagerie” was a well done episode, Debbi: and Yeoman Colt, the blonde, stuck in the mind.   That was a very talented actress, there.   And I say that with a straight face!
        That aside … ?   Anson Mount puts in a very good performance as Captain Pike: the last episode of “New Life and New Civilizations” sees him walking back on the Bridge, after the death of his lover …   That was up there with Baker’s “Do I Have the Right” speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.