Pages

Monday, 14 March 2011

The Daily Teaser …

You know, I hate — hate — getting up late, I really do … !

But … ?

But being honest, I did have something of a busy day, yesterday: I got called into work, to cover for someone going off ill, had Sunday dinner at me mothers — blagging a few photos of Jude in the process — and managed to do a couple of posts, as well.

The one about Outcasts … ?

Was officially done at Stupid o’clock.

What can I tell you … ?

Apart from “Lets move on, shall we … ?”

»»•««

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting her answers: along with scoring 5 out of 6, it also saw her putting in a couple of links about Uranus. Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we … ? here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video

Q1) According to Larry Shaw of the San Francisco Exploratorium, 14th March is what … ?

Q2) 14th March, 1794, saw Eli Whitney patent which industrial device … ?

Q3) 14th March, 1978, saw the Israeli Defense Force occupy the southern parts of which country … ?

Q4) In Ancient Rome, 14th March was the Second Equirria, a holy day in celebration of which Roman God … ?

Q5) And finally … 14th March, 1941, saw the birth of film director, Wolfgang Petersen: which of his World War 2 movies received two Oscar nominations … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers: um … Q2, Debbi …
Q1) 13th March, 1781, saw William Herschel discover Uranus: what did he originally plan to name it … ?
A1) Georgium Sidus, or George’s Star.

Q2) More to the point, Uranus was the Roman God of what … ?
Q2) Absolutely nowt: Uranus was the Greek god of the sky.

Q3) While we’re being scientific … 13th March, 2003, saw Nature magazine announce the discovery of 350,000 year old footprints in which country … ?
A3) Italy.

Q4) 13th March,1921, saw which country declare its independence from China … ?
A4) Mongolia.

Q5) 13th March, 1970, saw the Conservatives win in the Bridgewater by-election: this by election was noted for being the first time who could vote in a UK election … ?
A5) 18-year-olds.

Q6) And finally … 13th March, 1947, saw which musical make its Broadway début … ?
A6) Brigadoon.
Enjoy those, everyone: I’ll catch you later.

Once I’ve played you out with Jasper Carrott: it is his birthday, after all …


1 comment:

  1. 1. Pi Day
    2. The cotton gin
    3. Lebanon
    4. Mars
    5. Das Boot

    On yesterday's question 2, I was kind of wondering what was up. You sly trickster, you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.