Pages

Thursday, 8 March 2012

The Daily Teaser - 08-3-2012

Hmm …

No, seriously, Hmmm.

Just recently, Thursdays have seen me heading over my mothers: partly to get the photos I’ve scanned in to her, and partly to help babysit Jude.

Or make a mess of the carpet and leave toys everywhere, depending on who you believe … !

Personally, I’d like to respectfully point out that putting bricks one on top of another, then excitedly pushing them over, whilst going “wheeeeeee” is FUN … !

Today, though … ?

I think I’m going to HAVE to forgo that: I really have to catch up … !

Let’s move on, shall we?

‹‹·››

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi putting in her answers: along with mentioning the videos were rather good — bit of an 80s thing going on, there — and posting up chapters 2 and 3 of Riptide*, also saw her scoring 7 out of 7.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video
Q1) According to the UN, 8th March is International Women’s Day: name any of the four countries where it’s a holiday … for women only …

Q2) More to the point, the theme for this year’s International Women’s Day is what … ?

Q3) 8th March, 1917 saw the start of the first of the February Revolution in Russia: so named because Russia used which calendar … ?

Q4) 8th March, 1985, saw a car bomb kill at least 45 people: in which Lebanese city … ?

Q5) 8th March, 1950, saw Rover begin tests of the first car to be powered by what: solar power, an electric engine or a gas turbine?

Q6) And finally … 8th March, 1702, saw the last Stuart monarch ascend the thrones of England, Ireland and Scotland. Who was she … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 7th March, 321AD saw Constantine 1st decree Sunday as a day of rest. Who was the general exception: farm workers, legionaries, or shoe makers … ?
A1) Farm workers.

Q2) Constantine 1st called Sunday the Dies Solis Invictus: what does this translate into English as … ?
A2) The Day of the Invincible Sun.

Q3) While we’re dating — ish — what’s the International Organization for Standardization standard that helps define dates … ?

Q4) 7th March, 1985, saw which charity song have it’s international release … ?
A4) We Are The World.

Q5) More to the point, what was the name of the band that released it … ?
A5) USA for Africa.

Q6) 7th March, 1969, saw Golda Meir named as Israel’s first female PM: who was her Defense Minister … ?
A6) General Moshe Dayan.

Q7) And finally … 7th March is Teacher’s Day: in which Eastern European country … ?
A7) Albania.
Enjoy those, everyone: as Supergrass’ frontman, Gaz Combes, is celebrating his birthday, today, I’ll leave you with this …



















* Which is DEFINITELY looking good, Debbi. Oh … and Least Wanted is now on order: at a pound, that’s a bargain … !

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks so much for posting the chapters. :)

    1. China, Macedonia, Madagascar and Nepal
    2. Empower Women - End Hunger and Poverty
    3. Julian
    4. Beirut
    5. gas turbine
    6. Queen Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.