Wednesday, 7 March 2012

The Daily Teaser - 07-3-2012

You know, I THINK I’m going to be kicking up a stink at some point.

You’ll probably know I’ve been campaigning against further development in the area.

Well, I’ve got to admit, I had word, last night, that the plans have been marked up for approval.

I’m fuming.

And hope to cause a stink at the planning committee meeting about it … !

Let’s get moving on, shall we … ?

Yes, let’s …

‹‹·››

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi — all on her ownsome — putting in her answers: and, along with being encouraging about going picking up Least Wanted from the library*.

Let’s see how she — and you — do with today’s questions, shall we? Here they are, along with the ‘How To’, License and video
Q1) 7th March, 321AD saw Constantine 1st decree Sunday as a day of rest. Who was the general exception: farm workers, legionaries, or shoe makers … ?

Q2) Constantine 1st called Sunday the Dies Solis Invictus: what does this translate into English as … ?

Q3) While we’re dating — ish — what’s the International Organization for Standardization standard that helps define dates … ?

Q4) 7th March, 1985, saw which charity song have it’s international release … ?

Q5) More to the point, what was the name of the band that released it … ?

Q6) 7th March, 1969, saw Golda Meir named as Israel’s first female PM: who was her Defense Minister … ?

Q7) And finally … 7th March is Teacher’s Day: in which Eastern European country … ?
And here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 6th March, 12BC, saw Emperor Augustus of Roma named as Pontifax Maximus: what exactly was the Pontifax Maximus … ?
A1) Rome’s highest priest.

Q2) 6th March, 1961, saw the death — from a heart attack — of George Formby: which instrument was he famed for playing?
A2) The ukelele: specifically, the banjo ukelele.

Q3) 6th March, 1981, saw which famed news anchorman sign off for the last time … ?
A3) Walter Cronkite.

Q4) 6th March, 1869, saw the first version of the Periodic Table presented to the Russian Chemical Society, by its creator: who was he … ?
A4) Dmitri Ivanovich Mendeleev.

Q5) And finally … 6th March, 1964 saw the Honourable Elijah Mohammed rename whom … ?
A5) Mohammed Ali: (from his former name of Cassius Clay.)
Enjoy those, everyone: as it’s Taylor Dayne’s birthday, today, we’ll close with her one big UK hit, Tell It To My Heart.

Just because the odd bit of 1980s cheesiness doesn’t hurt …

Occasionally …


Actually …

Here, lets have the Frankies doing their thing …
Oh …

And La Roux doing the Bulletproof retro thang …













* Think I’ll head up there, today, again, Debbi, to see what I can see.

1 comment:

  1. Cool. Love the videos as always. Keep 'em coming, please. :)

    1. farm workers
    2. day of the unconquerable sun
    3. ISO 8601
    4. We Are the World
    5. USA for Africa
    6. Moshe Dayan
    7. Albania

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.