16th October, 2018.
Yes, OK … I’m getting old.
But … ?
Frankly … there’s a couple of things.
First off … ?
I’m in a Facebook group: for Dr Who fans.
This year’s celebrity gimmick?
Get J. K. Rowling to do a script for Dr Who.
Personally?
I read the first of the Harry Potter books, a long time ago: I can see the appeal, but felt the series wasn’t for me.
Although, yes: it’s got kids into reading.
Which is a big achievement.
But … ?
The fact EVERYONE keeps going on about Ms Rowling, AND the Harry Potter franchise, as if it were the only thing on the bookshop’s shelves?
Is just a little bit off-putting.
The more I hear … ?
The more annoyed I get about it.
And secondly … ?
Yes: I got some cheap Sainsbury drinking chocolate.
OK, twenty years ago, that possibly would’ve been a beer.
Frankly?
I’m glad I’ve replaced it with cocoa …
And a TV show.
Yes, you’ve guessed it: I’m catching up with The Man in the High Castle, season three, again …
~≈§≈~
Episode 4 — Sabra — sees a hidden community in the Neutral Zone battle for its survival. With Mark (Micheal Gaston), the town’s resident rebbe bringing an easily fought off danger to town …
But also having to prepare Frank Frink (Rupert Evans) for his upcoming bar mitzah.
Juliana (Alexa Davalos) is getting re-aquainted with Joe (Luke Klein Tank): who, unbeknownst to to her, is working directly for Reichs Führer Himmler, himself …
Episode 5 — The New Colossus — shows us the government of the Greater American Reich is not as unified as it seems.
With Oberst-Gruppenführer Smith (Rufus Sewell) coming out on top in a very understated battle with Reichsmarshal Rockwell.
Back east? Trade Minister Tagomi (Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa) has survived an assassination attempt.
And Juliana?
Has a … run–in with Joe …
~≈§≈~
Now …
Yes: I did enjoy that cocoa, thank you!
And yes: I thoroughly enjoy the show.
Granted, The Man in the High Castle is veering away from its original source material.
But some things still seem to have happened in both worlds: and it’s interesting To see how the producers work them into the series.
J. Edgar Hoover still gets blackmailed: by Nazis, rather than the Mafia. (OK, ALLEGEDLY blackmailed.)
A Buddhist monk burns himself to death: although in protest at oil shortages, rather than the Vietnam War.
And … ?
Cuba — as Rockwell’s death shows — is still the den of thieves it was in the 1950s.
Watchable?
That The Man in the High Castle is!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.