Pages

Wednesday, 21 November 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 21st November, 2018


21st November, 2018.

Right …

Right at the moment, I’ve managed to get up, half an hour earlier.

That way … ?

I can get the usual stuff done that I need to do.

Then head off for the interview I’m due to have in Harold Wood.

Or, at least, the nearby Harold Hill area.

Personally … ?

Getting there is no issue.

Finding the place … could be awkward … 

I’m hoping Google Maps can help!

At any rate … ?

This is not a day to be procrastinating, fannying about or playing silly buggers.

So, of course … 

Today’s the day Blogspot decides it’s going to give me gyp, uploading the photo and video … 

Wouldn’t you bloody well know it … ?


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Thirty-one people were killed, on 21st November, 1920, in the Irish city of Dublin: on a day known as Bloody … what?
Q2) 21st November, 2002, saw Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia, all invited to join what?
Q3) 21st November, 1985, saw the end of a summit in Geneva: between the main super-powers.   It failed to reach agreement about what: Star Trek, Star Wars or The Matrix?
Q4) Who resigned as president: on 21st November, 2017?
Q5) Finally … ?   21st November, 1898, saw the birth of which Belgian painter?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Lusaka Protocol was signed: on 20th November, 1994.   It was the Ceasefire Agreement in which country’s civil war?
A1) Angola’s.
Q2) 170 people were taken hostage, on 20th November, 2015: in a hotel in Bamako.   Hotel, hostages and city, were in which African nation?
A2) Mali.
Q3) 20th November, 1978, saw which Liberal MP accused of being part of a murder plot?
Q4) One of the USSR’s most prolific serial killers was arrested: on 1990.   What was his name?
Q5) Finally … ?   20th November, 1750, saw the birth of Tipu Sultan.   The Sultan was ruler of which Indian state?
A5) The Kingdom of Mysore.
Here’s a thought …
“Everything else you grow out of, but you never recover from childhood.”
Beryl Bainbridge, 21 November 1932 – 2 July 2010.
And a album by birthday boy, Dr John: it’s one of my favourites, I should add‡.


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Fingers, legs, eyes, toes, major intestines, wires, cheques, es text … !   I’m crossing the lot, Olga!   Hopefully, I won’t fall over … (I’m thinking of a scene in Terry Pratchett’s Pyramids.   The main character’s a recently graduated assassin.   On his first job, he’s using a mirror to help put the complete kit on … and then topples over …)

†        Yeah … that sounds like a clue, Debbi … you notice I’m saying nothing … !?

‡        I think I owe Debbi Cartwright of Earthquest Photography a big thank you, there: she’s the one who gave me my first copy of Gris Gris.

2 comments:

  1. Q1) Sunday
    Q2) NATO
    Q3) Star Wars
    Q4) Robert Mugabe
    Q5) René Magritte(Love his paintings!)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos!

    I should do travel photography. Actually, I was considering writing cartoons and/or graphic novels. :)

    I'm working on turning Hamlet into a hardboiled mystery. We'll see where that goes. :)

    1. Sunday
    2. NATO
    3. Star Wars
    4. Robert Mugabe
    5. René Magritte

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.