Thursday 22 November 2018

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22nd November, 2018

22nd November, 2018.


It’s officially official.

I had an interview over in Harold Hill, yesterday: managing to get myself good and lost, in the process.

Which was possibly a bad omen.

Unfortunately?

I didn’t get the job.

I will give the company credit for at least getting in touch with me, quickly, and letting me know.

Letting me know:

That I’d not got the job.
That they’d be recruiting for their Customer Care team in February
I’d be welcome to try again, then.

That’s something, I suppose … 

Although, hopefully?

I’d’ve found something, by then … 

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 22nd November is the feast day of Saint Cecilia.   She’s the patron saint of whom: writers, painters or musicians?
Q2) 22nd November, 1998, saw the death of games player, Stu Ungar.   Which game was he best remembered for playing: Monopoly, Chess or Poker?
Q3) 22nd November, 1984, saw the birth of actress, Scarlett Johansson.   In which film does she play Ashley Parker?
Q4) 22nd November, 1988, saw the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit, unveiled for the first time.   The B-2 is the first what: stealth fighter, stealth bomber or stealth submarine?
Q5) Finally … ?   Writer, Aldous Huxley died on 22nd November, 1963.   What was the title of his first book … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Thirty-one people were killed, on 21st November, 1920, in the Irish city of Dublin: on a day known as Bloody … what?
A1) Sunday.
Q2) 21st November, 2002, saw Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia, all invited to join what?
A2) NATO.
Q3) 21st November, 1985, saw the end of a summit in Geneva: between the main super-powers.   It failed to reach agreement about what: Star Trek, Star Wars or The Matrix?
A3) America’s Strategic Defence Initiative, also called Star Wars.
Q4) Who resigned as president: on 21st November, 2017?
Q5) Finally … ?   21st November, 1898, saw the birth of which Belgian painter?
Here’s a thought …
“In Hollywood, the rainbow hits the ground for composers.”
Hoagy Carmichael‡, November 22, 1899 – December 27, 1981.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Looks like I rolled double zilch on that one, Olga.   Still, I’ve one or two others coming up.   You know, I’m sure there’s more animated Magritte paintings than this one.   (There’s a famous painting of his with a train coming out of a fire place, isn’t there?   I’m sure someone’s animated it! No, wait, found it!)



†        You’d POSSIBLY need a good artist to work with, Debbi: don’t look at me!!   (Actually, I know there’s a utility on the Mac called ColorSync Utility, that can alter the colour profiles of a pic, so they match whatever you’s displaying them on.   Not that I have ANY idea of what to do with it!)



‡        Ian Fleming described James Bond as looking like Carmichael.

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Musicians
Q2) Poker
Q3) ? Eight Legged Freaks
Q4) stealth bomber
Q5) Crome Yellow
Sorry about the job. I hope one of the other two work out. Thanks for the Magritte's paintings. Wonderful! :)

Debbi said...

Fleming wrote quite a different Bond than the ones in most of the movies, as I understand it.

And sorry to hear about the job! Hang in there! It'll come when you least expect it.

1. musicians
2. poker
3. Eight Legged Freaks
4. stealth bomber
5. Crome Yellow