Basically, in upcoming hearings about child abuse, a senior police officer has suggested boycotting social media sites: in order to try and force them to do more to combat online image sharing.
Hmmm …
I have to confess, I can appreciate the thought.
On the OTHER hand?
I don’t think it’s going to necessarily work.
I think too many of us find Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and the associated free messenger services, useful to give them up: even for a good cause.
~≈¥≈~
Let’s move on, shall we?
Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Badwolf on four.
Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?
† Who, Me, Olga? Gosh! *Shuffles off looking innocent …*. Oh, about today’s Teaser Video? I don’t know if I got the wording right: I was using Google Translate … and my sister, Anna, who’s learning Spanish … (I’m not even going to START on my pronunciation … !)
‡ That it was, Debbi. Pointless trivia, Michelle Dockery — Susan Sto Helit — voices the Death of Rats.
^ The band’s best known members were singer Pete Murphy of Bauhaus, and the late Mick Karn of Japan. That bass is unmistakable …
Q1) 1904 Q2) Catalonia Q3) Football players Q4) Madrid Q5) 1925 Q6) Dog Q7) pocket watches Q8) Chupa-Chup (I didn’t know that. Fabulous!) Q9) Glasgow Q10) A surrealist Not easy but good attempt! Dalí was very peculiar and a great marketer even at the time (he would have loved social media, although he'd probably find it a bit too vulgar with everybody being able to share whatever they wanted). ;)
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
Q1) 1904
ReplyDeleteQ2) Catalonia
Q3) Football players
Q4) Madrid
Q5) 1925
Q6) Dog
Q7) pocket watches
Q8) Chupa-Chup (I didn’t know that. Fabulous!)
Q9) Glasgow
Q10) A surrealist
Not easy but good attempt! Dalí was very peculiar and a great marketer even at the time (he would have loved social media, although he'd probably find it a bit too vulgar with everybody being able to share whatever they wanted). ;)
I'm spending a relaxing weekend trying to make last-minute revisions to a screenplay. Arghh!!! Must. Take. Break. :)
ReplyDelete1. 1904
2. Catalonia
3. footballers
4. Madrid
5. 1925
6. Dog
7. pocket watches
8. lollipop
9. Glasgow
10. surrealist
I wonder what Dali would make of the TARDIS? :)