Saturday 30 July 2011

Battle: Los Angeles: Blood, Guts … And not a lot else…


Hmmm …

You know, I’ve got to admit, I’ve just seen a film.

But, given I’ve just posted up a poster and screen grab from the film concerned … ?

You’d probably guessed that, hadn’t you … ?

Hadn’t you … ?

»»·««

Well …

If you hadn’t guessed that Kevin D and I had got together — after a while — to catch a film, you’d probably not been paying attention … !

But, at any rate, we’d managed to grab ourself a spare evening with a lot of M&M’s and quite a bit of tea.

And a copy of the 2001 DVD release, Battle: Los Angeles.


Hmmm …

Can I be frank … ?

I think we’ve something of a tough film to chew over …

»»·««

Hang on …

Let me grab a cuppa …

»»·««

Ooooooh, that’s better … !

Now, where was I … ?

Oh, yes, Battle: Los Angeles

Battle: Los Angeles sees Aaron Eckhart as Staff Sergeant Michæl Nantz, a Marine on the point of retirement, and looking forward to some much needed R and R.

Unfortunately … ?

Unfortunately, on the morning of the day that the Earth get’s invaded … by ALIENS …

»»·««

Hmmm …

Now, I’ve GOT to admit, Battle: Los Angeles left both Kevin and I …

Well, making assorted “Hmmm” noises.

You see, while Battle: Los Angeles has some very good action scenes, that’s really all there is too it.

Oh, granted, they’re realistic and gritty action scenes.

But watching a whole film of one gritty action scene after another … ?

As nicely shoot and choreographed as they are, does begin to pall, after a while.

Which will probably tell you why both Kevin and I gave Battle: Los Angeles the ratings that we did.

Battle: Los Angeles
☆☆☆


1 comment:

Nik Nak said...

You know, I’m almost forgot to mention that sometimes, you can TELL if a film’s REALLY caught our attention by the amount of times a film gets paused, so we can talk about something else.

Quite a few times in the case of Battle: Los Angeles.

Don’t ask Kevin about comparing the Terminator films to members of the Beatles.

Him and Grub will tell you ALL about it …