Wednesday 24 August 2011

Sir Terry’s Gone To Iceland

Which is possibly a bit of a strange title, I know.

But to be honest, there’s a method in my madness.

Or, at least a vague attempt a logic of some description.

(Says I, now my router’s stopped playing up … ! DRATTED thing … !)

At any rate … ?

Well, at any rate, I’ve got to admit, I actually went shopping this morning.

To one or two places, if you must know, but usually … ?

I usually go to the Brentwood branch of Iceland, at some point, as they usually do a nice range of cut price frozen food.

Well …

Niceish, let’s put it that way …

And Iceland, like many shops, does the occasional charity fundraising drive.

The one they’re doing at the mo caught my eye.

You’ve probably realised, by now, I’m a Terry Pratchett fan, and that I, like many of his fans, was devastated to hear of his Alzheimer’s Disease.

Especially in view of the fact my grandmother had died from the condition.

So I was rather pleased to see that my local Iceland …

Was having a charity fundraiser for Alzheimer’s Research.

Now, it’s not often I cough up cash for charity: and, frankly, I couldn’t even afford a strip of tickets for the raffle they were organising.

Which is a shame, the TV was rather impressive!

But at any rate … ?

I thought I’d mention it, here.

You’ve got ’til Friday, which is when they’re stopping it.

If you’ve some spare cash and would like to give to a good cause … ?

Well …

No comments: