6th October, 2019.
It’s Sunday.
I think …
Hang on …
Yes.
It’s Sunday: and I’ve had the day off.
And, I should add, been looking after my nephew, Jude: who’s getting to that age where …
Well … talking computers talking at him is hysterical.
If you’re on a Mac, and get the the chance?
Running this bit of code in Script Editor, will show you the sort of thing I mean …
say "Hello Jude" using "Zarvox"say "My name is Zarvox" using "Zarvox"
say "Shush!" using "Zarvox"
say "I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconuts" using "Zarvox"
You should get the sort of thing that impresses eight year olds.
~≈¥≈~
At any rate … ?
It’s a Sunday night I’ve had off.
And time — I felt — to catch a film.
Granted: I had enough in the collection to keep me indecisive for minutes …
Do I go for cheesy? The Creature from The Black Lagoon or Inseminoid?
Something highly literary? The Congress, for example?
Or something a touch grim … ?
In as many sense of the word as you can think of … ?
Hmmm.
~≈¥≈~
Hellraiser: Judgement follows detectives Sean Carter (Damon Carney) and David Carter (Randy Wayne) in their investigation into a set of serial killings by a murderer caller the Preceptor.
So called because he models his crimes on the ten commandments.
They’re joined by Detective Christine Egerton (Alexandra Harris): who’s had orders to help the Carter brothers investigate the killings.
And to keep a watchful eye on the increasingly unbalanced Sean.
Meanwhile … ?
Meanwhile, events at 55, Ludovico Place are taking a turn for the interesting.
Hell’s not just waiting …
But popping …
~≈¥≈~
Now … what did I make of this little lot … ?
I’ve got to admit, I don’t know that I’m completely stunned by Hellraiser: Judgement.
Granted, the scripting’s OK, the acting, ok, and the look and feel?
Granted, the scripting’s OK, the acting, ok, and the look and feel?
Is OK.
And has an interesting premise: detectives investigation crime that will literally drag them to hell.
And expands the background world: introducing the warring hellish factions right out of The Scarlet Gospels.
I grant you that …
But … ?
I’m also aware it exists as something of an afterthought: Dimensions Films, the producers, made it as a piece of contractural filler.
In order to keep the rights to the franchise: and with just enough budget to survive.
As OK as Hellraiser: Judgement is?
It’s not quite OK enough.
Hellraiser: Judgement
★☆☆☆

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.